ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 getting ready for summer

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
epic cant be a mars red v6! glad you are changing the plates as thats the only thing that lets it down

An orange one
Does the Mk1 still exist mate? Did you do those mods yourself or buy it like that?

The mk1 was killed by the next owner, he hit a lamp post hard and the car was banana shaped :( there's a pic in the graveyard section on v6clio

i did the exhaust and the interior, but the steering wheel and filter were there when I got it, the filter had terrible ducting like tin foil which didn't seal to the sidepod and was all ripped,

Focus Tit Est & R26
that looks great colin, those seats look like they have been trimmed really well
how does the phase 1 compare to the phase 2? i am considering getting a vee later this year but really want a ph2, prices are a lot higher though so might just settle for Ph1

Last edited:
  PH1 Clio 172
That's amazing Colin, probably one of the best Vees I've seen yet. Proper credit to you.....now drive it!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So nice!

How much did the seats and retrim set you back? As my dad was talking about his seats the other day in his vee and maybe changing them.

An orange one
So nice!

How much did the seats and retrim set you back? As my dad was talking about his seats the other day in his vee and maybe changing them.

cheers mate, capital seating are all POA at the moment, but your probably looking at £1300ish for the seats + frames + the retrim was £550.. Just over £2k all in, the seats are immense, my old black Vee had a set in too which now reside in ali's v6

An orange one
that looks great colin, those seats look like they have been trimmed really well
how does the phase 1 compare to the phase 2? i am considering getting a vee later this year but really want a ph2, prices are a lot higher though so might just settle for Ph1

I prefer the ph2 in just about every way.. It just feels the nicer and more complete car,

Alot of ph1 owners say they feel more "raw" etc, when I owned mine i thought it was the dogs danglies but after getting my black one, I didn't miss the ph1

thats not to say if I had a budget I would pick a dog of a ph2 over a perfect ph1, as condition and history are everything on these cars, I'd take the mint ph1 every time

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Very nice looking Clio. Interior looks incredible. Pictures taken on a farm?

RS172 Flamer
I find the car is my enjoyable when I'm in the mood for its unique feel, the floaty front end, you can't throw it around, it's definately slow in, let the weight settle at the back end as you add power through the corner..

Going to treat it to a full alignment at revolution over at Gateshead as I feel it wld benefit from this

Only thing I have left planned is some KW V3's

So do you think the KWs would sort the floaty front end? I think the KTR Top Mounts would help aswell :)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate, capital seating are all POA at the moment, but your probably looking at £1300ish for the seats + frames + the retrim was £550.. Just over £2k all in, the seats are immense, my old black Vee had a set in too which now reside in ali's v6

Cheers colin, i showed my dad and he loves what you have done

An orange one
I absolutely love this :approve: It's perfect Colin hats off to you.

cheers Craig, coming from a perfectionist like yourself that's high praise indeed!

couldnt get an MOT till this Saturday morning.. Hopefully it will fly through!

It would be my perfect renault sport to own, I wouldn't change a thing about it,

I really want a Vee badly but I'd have to sell the 197 which is my daily & I couldn't put the miles on a Vee :(

Im sure it'll fly through its mot mate.

An orange one
BOOM! Fully fresh MOT and 6 months tax :lolup:

Jesus H I forgot how good this thing was, that noise is just to die for :approve: Was worried after getting the BM that the appeal would be lost on the Clio, but I needn't have worried, I love it more than ever...it's the ultimate antidote to the BMW which does everything perfectly, this is so basic, noisy...raw!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
BOOM! Fully fresh MOT and 6 months tax :lolup:

Jesus H I forgot how good this thing was, that noise is just to die for :approve: Was worried after getting the BM that the appeal would be lost on the Clio, but I needn't have worried, I love it more than ever...it's the ultimate antidote to the BMW which does everything perfectly, this is so basic, noisy...raw!

And will be going up in value compared to the beemer ;)

An orange one
The Vee saw its first moisture since August 2011 the other day.. That's the last time it was washed using water!

D13DD388-A447-4558-AECD-CDE993CC1482-5311-0000038B04D4D924_zpsa944203f.jpg

Nice and economical this car :p Half a tank of V power is giving me a range of 107 miles :lolup:

14563664-86FD-4825-AE8D-F88EF49C296E-5311-0000038AFE27EBA1_zps7c296b63.jpg

Argghh such a lot of money... It's so hard to actually click that button, been hovering over it for ages :(

3CCCFFE5-B532-4931-AE6B-7F418673B01D-5311-0000038C8851EDAB_zps3b832f96.jpg

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Some nice beading going on

Whats the reason for the coilovers? Looks or drive?

An orange one
Bit of both really mate, would fancy a bit more directness from the front end, and also to have it sitting a little lower