ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 in hibernation, few garage / interior shots

What real stunner, love those seats!!
///I actually know a guy that uses his V6 through the winter, Illiad ph2, he went to Uni with my OH. Looks lovely though mate, the interior is special.
I use mine all year too, apart from when it snows.

An orange one
Mars Red is an easy colour to match Colin, we did the full front end of Iain's ph1. Lovely thing that was. Illiad is harder.

I actually know a guy that uses his V6 through the winter, Illiad ph2, he went to Uni with my OH. Looks lovely though mate, the interior is special.

At the moment I'm thinking of rentec automotive in Edinburgh for the service work etc so this may work out well and do it all at once when the car is up there?! My wallet is getting nervous :(

I wish I could find a race shuttle for hire or something to get it up there though

An orange one
That is absolutely stunning.

cheers mate :)

What a beaut. Look forward to seeing it again in the flesh sometime, and no doubt that quick detailing spray won't be far behind either!

Ha! Yeah another northern meet would be great next year, the southerners get all the fun! How's yours running? You scraped that front bumper again yet? Lol - cringe!
Detailing spray is permanently in the car, wife says I'm sad lol ;)

Really is beautiful! Sooo clean, I'd love one but couldn't bear to use it as a daily motor.

Me either mate, I've had 2 other vees which I used all year round and it's far more special as a toy.

man i wish i had a unit/garage...!

car is stunning as always.

Cheers Naith :)

Amazing car.
The interior is superb, the little details like the steering wheel & insert, seats & sidemounts absolutely make it.
Love the colour and there's not a single thing I don't like about it...
Wait hold on, yes there is...
The fact it's not mine. LOL;)

Thanks dude, it's all in the little details at the end of the day, making it my own without removing the originality of the car is my goal!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
There must be folk that hire trailers up there Colin.. :) Will save having to scrounge a lift back home too :)

An orange one
There must be folk that hire trailers up there Colin.. :) Will save having to scrounge a lift back home too :)

Plenty of trailers for hire Shaun... But I'm looking for covered trailers, seem to be a few down south for hire but none up here! And looking on the Brian James website your talking £6k + vat !!!

BG V6, LY 182
Ha! Yeah another northern meet would be great next year, the southerners get all the fun! How's yours running? You scraped that front bumper again yet? Lol - cringe!
Detailing spray is permanently in the car, wife says I'm sad lol ;)

It's all fine, it was just me worrying about the water level, hasn't lost a drop since the lakes. And Never missed a beat! (Touch wood)

I took the wrong turn the other week, and was met with a mountain of a speed bump, slight scrape but nothing to worry about, other than that it's all good. I now have a new road finally (bought a new house so road was shocking) and it's 100x easier to get on my drive.

Hahaha, bless her, she doesn't understand does she :)

Something I wanted to ask you, do you use anything to keep damp out of the car? Iv been using silica gel to draw moisture out, and Iv just put a damp tramp In there too.

An orange one
Something I wanted to ask you, do you use anything to keep damp out of the car? Iv been using silica gel to draw moisture out, and Iv just put a damp tramp In there too.

I don't put anything inside it, I run a dehumidifier 24/7 in the garage and never had a problem with damp or a smell inside at all, out of interest though, where do you buy silica gel and does it work effectively?

Evo 5 RS
I'm not sure how anyone with half a life could muster the effort to keep that car as immaculate as that, but regardless...that is f'n stunning! Hats off everywhere.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Ah yea may be an issue, I was on my phone earlier so couldn't read the thread fully.

The trailer is covered (see below) your more than welcome to PM or email me to see if we can sort something out?

20130330_082843-600x450.jpg

BG V6, LY 182
I don't put anything inside it, I run a dehumidifier 24/7 in the garage and never had a problem with damp or a smell inside at all, out of interest though, where do you buy silica gel and does it work effectively?

God damn you people with garages!! :(

I don't buy it I borrow it from work, we use it in breathers at work to keep moisture out of oil that's open to atmosphere, so I assume it's good. Changes from orange to a blue / green colour when holding the moisture. To re charge it it's sent to an 'oven' and dried out and changes back. I keep two football socks full of it hidden behind the seats. It needed changing after about 10 days. I have yet to see any condensation on the inside of the car.

An orange one
Absolutely adore that, Colin!

I've put some serious thought into how i'm going to get one.

I can't reccomend it enough Danny! It's something I urge you to seriously consider going for! :) Now is the time to buy as well as values are rising!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Epic car!

I might know someone who would let you borrow a covered trailer for a few pennies if you needed it.

Not a 320d
What gearbox did these have?

The JC5 in the Clio 1*2 feels like s**t, always wondered if the box in the V6 was good or not.

Lionel Richie

The JC5 in the Clio 1*2 feels like s**t, always wondered if the box in the V6 was good or not.

they use a PK6 (which comes in Renault van's!!!!) but the box in the V6 is actually specific to the V6 (different bell housing and ratios set, stronger selectors etc)

An orange one

The Vee gearbox is a dream to use. Albeit not the strongest if your aiming for more power.

The way it snicks between gears and is easily the lightest gearchange of any car I've driven all add to the experience.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
The Vee gearbox is a dream to use. Albeit not the strongest if your aiming for more power.

The way it snicks between gears and is easily the lightest gearchange of any car I've driven all add to the experience.
Agreed - driving around in Fred's Vee is a pleasure as the gear change is sublime. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cheers ian!

Nowhere near as clean as yours though mate, gutted to hear your selling up :(

Cheers Norway. Where you hiding nowadays?

Ha!

just busy busy! Moved house! Eve will be back once road next year for sure...May even make a meet.....