ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 Insurance

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Hi there all,

Sunday was my 21st birthday and I am now going to trade in the trusty 1.2 16V Clio for something with a bit more go... I really want a v6 and have found one which isn't too badly priced either. However, finding an insurance company who will even quote me on the car is turning into a bit of a nightmare (even with 4 years NCB).

I know there are a few 21 year old v6 owners out there, so was just wondering if any of you could give me a rough estimate of the price i'm likely to pay and with what company.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

255 V6 Black Gold
try elephant,

add your mum as a named driver before you quote.

see what they come back with. they quoted on my mate, 21 year old, with a drink driving ban on my car and it came back with a price, think £3500 / £4000

so a 21 year old with 4 ncb will at least get a quote back i would of thought?

do the usual, no more than 10,000 miles a year.

its the adding of the mum thats the key thing. providing shes oldish (45+) and has good no claims / held a licensee for ages

Ford Mustang 5.0
Hi there all,

Sunday was my 21st birthday and I am now going to trade in the trusty 1.2 16V Clio for something with a bit more go... I really want a v6 and have found one which isn't too badly priced either. However, finding an insurance company who will even quote me on the car is turning into a bit of a nightmare (even with 4 years NCB).

I know there are a few 21 year old v6 owners out there, so was just wondering if any of you could give me a rough estimate of the price i'm likely to pay and with what company.

Thanks for your help,

Dave

If the value is under £15,000 we should be able to provide you a quote.

If you would like a price please complete your details on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com and we will e-mail you back a figure.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Ken

MKII Vee
That's unbelievable I've just been through my insurance quote and tried with and without my Mum and there a £200 difference

FF Blackgold 182
Hi there all,

Thanks for your help,

Dave

If the value is under £15,000 we should be able to provide you a quote.

If you would like a price please complete your details on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com and we will e-mail you back a figure.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Just requested a quote for myself too!!

Cheers
Neil

From a 1.2 clio to a v6:eek: Thats a massive jump, not to mention the v6 being rwd too.

Good luck on the insurance quote, it can be done at 21.

255 V6 Black Gold
That's unbelievable I've just been through my insurance quote and tried with and without my Mum and there a £200 difference

unreal aint it!!

i have always added my mum as a named driver on my policy.

also i remember when my sister passed her test @ 29. She rang insurance to get on the policy with her husband, (baring in mind she been driving a day) and the car was a new shape celica.

they said "we owe you £35" my sister was like "what the heck?" and he said, yeah we have a husband and wife scheme, its actaully cheaper for your husband if you come on board.

i really really dont know why its cheaper if you add a older / high no claims bonus mum on board?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
im 20 and drive a vee insurance companies love me...
mine is for sale, could be the one you are talking about?