ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

v6 insurance

i was wondering ppls age and details on their insurance for a vee (mk1 or 2)

I want one for spring next year but i wana know what im looking at insurance wise.. im only 20! I can afford the car itself but i need to see whether its a better idea just to wait another year till im 21 when insurance will hurt my bank less!

Cheers!

i know stuv6 got very cheap cheap cover on a mk1 n hes a similar age.. from what i remember from previous posts anyway, i just cant remember how much! If its gona be way too much il get a 182 1st, but i want a vee so bad! hehe

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by ShaggyMk2 on 06 December 2004

i know stuv6 got very cheap cheap cover on a mk1 n hes a similar age.. from what i remember from previous posts anyway, i just cant remember how much! If its gona be way too much il get a 182 1st, but i want a vee so bad! hehe
£2500 is very cheap? (think thats right from a post I saw recently). Im 23 and spank £1500 on it.

maybe i misread then mike..

renaults a no go.. they wont even insure me on a 172 till im 21 :p

Cheers tho guys, keep um comin!

mk1 £965

mk2 £945

I got some quotes the other day I think thats what they were, mk2 was cheaper to insure than the mk1.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

25 when I got the my V6, but now 26.

£750 with Admiral. I renew in January, so well see if it alters?

OK Shaggy............forget Pete Simo and CraigV6............cause they are..........relative to us...............flat capped old codgers eh :D...........only joking guys ;)

Me Im 20 have 60% NCB although they would only accept 50% and Im £2540 Fully Comp...............I have been told by the broker that this will drop dramatically come my renewal as I will then be 21 and they will have to give me 60% and, they say most important of all, I will have history with them :cool:

The company m with is Quote A Car if you want I could give them a call when you are ready to go ahead cause I have the direct number for the director of sales ;)

On the down side you will find it difficult to get cover at 20 most are looking at around the £3700 mark and they quote a grouping of not just 20 but 20G what ever that means

Cya Stu:(