ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vague handling

Clio 172
Have recently fitted a set of brand new OEM shocks with eibach sportline springs, but find the handling to be quite vague with the car tramlining/torque steering on the road quite a bit.

What would be the main culprits of this? Topmounts? Track rod ends? Ball joints?

Have done a quick search and someone mentioned they had a similar problem to mine and topmounts and track rod ends were suggested. Where is the best/cheapest place to get these from, bearing in mind i'm in ireland and renault dealers charge you extortionate prices for everything

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
Steering rack ends, track rod ends, ball joints, worn tyres etc

How bad is it?

All 172/182's do it a bit

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i had this with my 172, i changed track rods and track rod ends and what a massive difference it made! i also had problems with badly worn tyres causing it and a new set fixed it, hows your front tyres looking?

Clio 172
All tyres are only a few weeks old, i'll start with track rod ends and see if the problem persists.

Where is the best place to get them? Is it only renault dealers that stock them?

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Colm, my Clio did that a bit after she was lowered. It settled down after a few days of driving.

Did you get the tracking done after lowering her?

Clio 172
Colm, my Clio did that a bit after she was lowered. It settled down after a few days of driving.

Did you get the tracking done after lowering her?

I got it checked out only to find it was spot on, but he did mention track rod ends give trouble in renaults and mumbled something about mine possibly needing replacement..

Are all renault track rod ends the same, or do they vary from model to model?

Would appreciate if someone could tell me as soon as possible as i'd like to order them:cool: