ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Value of my Maxi for possible court case?

350z & 16v Maxi
Some of you may remember my Clio 16v Maxi, it never got truly finished as the bodyshop messed up the body work the first time and i put it back into them and they have disappeared with it. I'm going through a solicitor and it may come to court and was wondering if some of you guys could advise what you think the car is worth. I don't want you to over state it, just a fair price.

1995 Clio 16v
75,000 miles
Full Service History
Full Maxi Kit with lots of mods
18" Techonomagnesio Alloys
AVO Coilovers
Mongoose Exhaust
Std Interior

Maxi001web.jpg

Maxi002web.jpg

Maxi003web.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very difficult to put a price on that, as its so heavily modified.

IMO if i took it in part exchange at my Garage i'd put it on my forecout at £3999.

**EDIT** oh, i like the car a lot!

Lionel Richie
i would say £3-£4K depending on condition/mileage/service history

hasn't this been going on for YEARS??

i know it doesnt help, i hate chavved up cars but this is a well modified stunner. I really like it. Shame about what happend, them running of with it.

VX220 Turbo
price up the value of a standard car add to that the price when new of all the parts as you can claim they were all put on the car at the same time as the kit was done.

also claim for any money you paid the bodyshop, any taxi / bus fairs you had to pay whilst they were doing the work the second time etc

350z & 16v Maxi
Yea disappeared with it. I went one day to see them and they had shut down and i've not seen the car since.

I'll go through the cost etc with my solicitor. Problem is i paid cash with no receipt for the work so one option is to look at the value of the car.

We have gave him every opportunity to return the car but not got anywhere so don't know what the hell he's done with the car.

And yea it's been going on for YEARS!!!

350z & 16v Maxi
Yea disappeared with it. I went one day to see them and they had shut down and i've not seen the car since.

I'll go through the cost etc with my solicitor. Problem is i paid cash with no receipt for the work so one option is to look at the value of the car.

We have gave him every opportunity to return the car but not got anywhere so don't know what the hell he's done with the car.

And yea it's been going on for YEARS!!!

I don't know what to say Colin:dapprove: I remember your car, I like it.
I've no idea as to a value for it though as it is so rare & modded.

I hope you get it sorted fella.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
No, what you want to do is quote a full rebuild price.

All the parts at replacement cost (new - dig out all old invoices) plus the value of a similar spec valver. Say £2000 for a valver plus replacement parts which should add upto a fair whack so £4000/£5000.

Insurance company will reclaim costs anyhow so get what you paid for her.

Valuing your car by this method is perfectly reasonable and acceptable.

recon you could get hght k's (maybe 5-6) in a private sale easy if it was finished.

Perhaps even more. Oh and kudos on the choice of kit. the maxi is pure sex. :D

Mini Cooper S sport
Wouldn't have a clue on the price, but some good suggestions in this thread. Hope you get your day in court and get the money back.

I don't normally like modded cars but apart from the badboy bonnet and silver grille I think that looks very nice :)

Other than the front that is very nice! :)

value...dunno really, 3k-3.5k?

WTF front end is sex!

cliomaxi.jpg

Think the best think to do is go through the solicitor mate. Maxiboy on williams clio and clio 16 valver is your man on maxi information if you want some history, prices etc.

and knowin what the kit alon costs it has to be more than 3k at cost let alone copensation etc.

keep me informed dude.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
No, what you want to do is quote a full rebuild price.

All the parts at replacement cost (new - dig out all old invoices) plus the value of a similar spec valver. Say £2000 for a valver plus replacement parts which should add upto a fair whack so £4000/£5000.

Insurance company will reclaim costs anyhow so get what you paid for her.

Valuing your car by this method is perfectly reasonable and acceptable.

Yup, s'what I'd do. £6-£7k minimum.

Dan

You need to claim for everything , and bump up the price a bit , as you won't get what you ask for!

I take it you've found the bodyshop again/reopend? have you net called the police about your stolen car?

leon