ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Values of Nice Examples increasing

Clio Williams 3
interesting thread! Prices of cars is always very subjective I think. Regardless of brand/make/age I believe that asking prices are irrelevant - Ultimately a car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it! And its only a good deal if buyer and seller walk away happy with the agreed price.
And those that do pay what others may think is too much - nevermind - its their money not yours and I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone else how to spend their money which they have earned
Everyone has an opinion and that's just mine

As said by others in this thread its all so subjective as much I love my Cup I'd struggle to say no if someone offered me 8k. To someone else 8k is just a punt as an investment vs a big sum of money to me.

The only car I've ever made a clear profit owning was a Golf GTI edition 30, due to it being relatively rare and demand for mint standard cars being greater than supply. It's the only car I never advertised either someone just offered me what they were willing to pay for it and that was enough for me to be willing to let it go.

I've just seen this on fb... low miles, 8 owners wonder if seller is on here, more and more cars seem to sell on fb these days
Screenshot_20200629-145111_Facebook.jpg

I've just seen this on fb... low miles, 8 owners wonder if seller is on here, more and more cars seem to sell on fb these days
Would be interested if that one sells without the dealer advertising elsewhere. FB is more for the low end of the market typically.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Would be interested if that one sells without the dealer advertising elsewhere. FB is more for the low end of the market typically.

Looks nice - Arch gap though... Often means non OEM springs

Land Rover
£12,995
I wonder if the belts and dephaser have been done.
If it’s really as good as they say, it could be worth thinking about as an alternative to a new base model Clio at the same money, even if you just used it as a daily driver.
Only issue is some spares are becoming hard to find now.

And then there’s this one, belts done, looks very nice apart from the lowered suspension and only £2,000 from a dealer

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
£12,995
I wonder if the belts and dephaser have been done.
If it’s really as good as they say, it could be worth thinking about as an alternative to a new base model Clio at the same money, even if you just used it as a daily driver.
Only issue is some spares are becoming hard to find now.

Been for sale for a while at £12995 , now dropped to £11995.
If I win Euromillions on Friday I'll have it ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The SCS one has been for sale for donkeys

They've probably spent 40 grand listing the fucker on eBay
They seem to sell alot of high end motors like Bm' s, Audis ..........
They probably thought they'd got themselves a bit of a golden nugget with the 182 and now can't shift it.
I'd love to know exactly how much they paid for it.

Last edited:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is it the angle of the picture or does it look like it's sitting abit too high for Cup Springs?

s-l1600.jpg

They have shot up quite quickly it seems in a matter of months

I was shocked looking at the prices recently but any decent older hot hatch will always fetch decent money once they start getting harder to find, look at R5 GT turbo's, 205's etc.

I paid £1500 for my 172 cup 2.5 years ago with 93k on the clock and belts and dephaser recently done. It's not in as good condition as some of the ones coming up recently for sale and I've put a load more miles on it now but it's nice to have a car that you can drive for a few years and not lose money 😂

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
And then there’s this one, belts done, looks very nice apart from the lowered suspension and only £2,000 from a dealer

Isn't that the new name for Keighley Motors?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Well the original exhaust has disappeared, which isn't a good sign in so few miles.
Plus the colour match on the wheels and bolt covers leaves alot to be desired.

s-l1600.jpg

Perhaps it's one for those odd rich collectors that people so often talk about?
The ones who'd buy such a car on a whim because they heard Clio's were going to be good in the future??

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
My estimate is 5800-6500.

Looks tatty.
Wheels wrong colour
no cup spoiler
Exhaust mounts needed
No splitter
Mixed Tyres

Bit of a sh***er TBH

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
As said it definitely looks higher that a cup packed car. I wouldn't pay that for it anyway

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
I agree the paint looks a bit ropey, and the other issues highlighted. But again, it goes to prove prices are on the rise!! Wether you agree with it or not, is another matter....

The low mileage ones seem to be shooting up. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, if I had 5/6k sat around doing nothing - and I don’t - I’d like a sub 50k RB to put in the garage.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The low mileage ones seem to be shooting up. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, if I had 5/6k sat around doing nothing - and I don’t - I’d like a sub 50k RB to put in the garage.

You got to find one first!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
yeah i thought you could have a sup suspension car without a cup spoiler and vice versa then you got a full fat which had both packs?
You're right. There were 2 packs. 1 was the lower slightly stiffer suspension which also had anthracite wheels , the 2nd pack was the front splitter with cup rear spoiler.