ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valve stem oil seals - 1.2 8V

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Hi guys, hope all is well.

I have to change the valve stem oil seals on my clio as they melted and are leaking oil as my car over heated.

What is the best way to change these? i dont really want to have to take the cam belt off and the head off to be able to do it, i have machined an adapter to screw into the spark plug hole, basically il screw it in, put 100PSI into the cylinder (with piston at TDC) and it will stop the valves from dropping, was hoping i could then disemble the valves and replace the VSOC's and them put the car back together?

What is the best way to go about doing this? as the car is currntly burning 2L's of oil a week and i have the parts waiting, hoping to tackle this tomorrow lunch time.

Cheers.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
youll also have to fasion something to push down on the valve tops while gripping the engine,

or, just take the head off, do the cambelt, water pump, and headgasket while you're in the neighbourhood!

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
How strong are the springs? like would i be able to push them down with a pipe with 2 slots in it? and then use my partner to remove the collects?

Megane dci 130
For the time it will take you, your better off taking the head off and doing it by the book. Its a piece of piss on the D7f and by the sounds of it your not too shy with the spanners.