ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valve timing 182

s4m

clio 182
anyone know if theres any way to bring the valve time lower so it kicks in earlier??

cheers

Golf GTD Mk7
when you say kicks in earlier what are you meaning? the rev kick at 5k? if so, a remap would be the way to go. CAMs would also be another option.

s4m

clio 182
ye it kicks at 5k but seems too long to wait, be nice if could get it at 3k or even lower?

ITB'd MK1
Valve timing is for emmisions iirc.

The 'kick' is when the engine is naturally at its most efficient

not quite. It's when it comes off lean running. It's run lean fairly high up the revs for emissions, so there's a torque "hit" when it gets the fuel it actually wants

330i. E30 Touring.
If I remember correctly.

(A forum way of covering your arse when you're not sure if you're talking bullshit or not..)

330i. E30 Touring.
A decent remap may see you slightly more useable torque. More in the mid-range, than higher..

Golf GTD Mk7
so a remap prob wont bring the kick to lower rpm? but cams mite?

Cams will change the profile of acceleration yes. If you want more power lower down it's either a case of cams and remap to suit, or TB or turbo/supercharger. Obviously the more you spend the better the gains.