ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver 0-100 times

LY 200

Whats a good 0-100 time for a valver??

I have a vid of mine at around 19 secs with a passenger!!!

Seems to get to 60 really quick but then takes forever to climb after that!!!Lol

My valvers standard performance effecting wise apart from 17s, ik and cat back system!!!

williams and trophy

mines around 14.5 secs....or under 14 if u go by clocks....id say for a valver on 17s......18-19 is pretty good

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Book time is around 21 secs IIRC so 19 secs is pretty good, Me and dannyt got a 0-100 of around 18secs in his 16v...going off the speedo that is.

My car is 14 secs to 100 off the speedo but is more like 16.5 in reality..

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Got anyone to host yours JayR would be good to get a few peeps up to compare....Nevers seen a vid of yours either Jon, would be intersting to see...maybe we could employ my camcorder at the next meet..?

LY 200

Quality vid bud!!!

Loads quicker than mine thats for sure....Is that your yellow one???

LY 200

Martin mines on me phone mate and i cant say i know anyone off the top of me head with a data cable to transfer it!!

Il tryn see if anyones got one for there phone when i go out tonight!!

On a 1/4 mile it gets to 90 in 15.7 secs so id say add on an extra second to get to 100, id say it could be done in 17 in the valver but ill give it a go when im next in her!

Danny

172beast

19 seconds is quick for a valver! 1 second from 90-100 is hoping a bit tho hehe

LY 200

172beast that aint a huge difference to mine tbh!!!

There is one obviously but not as bad as i thought!!!

Sounds nice as it gos through the revs tho mate!!!

172beast

Nah not be loads difference anyway, qtr miled at 15.0 as standard, be in 14s now easily, decent valvers run late 15s so not a hoooge difference.

Quote: Originally posted by dannyt on 08 January 2005

On a 1/4 mile it gets to 90 in 15.7 secs so id say add on an extra second to get to 100, id say it could be done in 17 in the valver but ill give it a go when im next in her!

Danny
You can do 90-100 in 1 sec??? In a valver??? LOL!!!!

Try about 5secs mate.

If your terminal was 98 then it would take about a second to get to 100 so think how long its going to take to do 90-100

Some people live in the clouds. A valver book time is 21-22secs, just like a clio cups book time is 17.5

Mod them and theyll go faster but 21-22secs seems about right for a standard valver. There are too many max power heads on here disillusioned on there cars performance.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

no lol!

15.0 to 100 standard is a bit optimistic. iv seen some slighly modded 172s run 14.8odd but the terminals are still 94ish mph so you lookin at 16+ secs to 100

172beast

Quote: Originally posted by stevoversteer on 08 January 2005Is 15.0 a fairly realistic time for a standard mk1?

Think he was talking to me Mitchy, with the mk1 172. No chance a standard valver would run 15 dead as standard

Depends how good your 172 is, saw a black mk1 172 run late 15s early 16s, also seen a mk2 run 14.7 but that was stripped out and talking to the driver, ragged like fook from day 1 hehe

[Edited by 172beast on 1/8/2005 7:17:00 PM]

Clio 200 Cup

Ive heard the 172s differ on power output and pace quite considerably. Best find me a quick one then.

Mitchy, i see you have a jabbad cupra r. Whats that running the quarter in? high 14s?

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 08 January 2005

Danny

Try about 5secs mate.

If your terminal was 98 then it would take about a second to get to 100 so think how long its going to take to do 90-100

Some people live in the clouds. A valver book time is 21-22secs, just like a clio cups book time is 17.5

Mod them and theyll go faster but 21-22secs seems about right for a standard valver. There are too many max power heads on here disillusioned on there cars performance.
Lol

My valvers pretty standard engine wise (well that i know of anyway) with 17s and it done the 0-100 quicker than 21-22 also with a passenger!!

There is only 20 secs of the vid and you can see its already hit a 100(could be out abit because of the size of the wheels maybe)!!Lol

I got a vid which id like to post but i cant because i havnt got the cable to do so for my phone, cant believe the stand 0 to 100 would be 21-22 secs tho!!

The Autocar test got 0-100 in 24 secs for the Valver (0-60 in 7.3) back in 92. For the Willy they got 20 secs to the ton and 7.3 to 60 as well I recall.

2Lives 14.5 secs to the ton would put his Willy on a par with a standard Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo - and about 3-5 secs quicker than 225bhp TTs, WRX Imprezas etc, which are all in the late teens to the ton.

Some of the times here, if real, would mean that Valvers all ovet the country will be mincing much more powerful cars!

Ben H (proud, but realistic, ex 16V and Williams owner)

Clio 200 Cup

I hope not stevo as there are standard LCRs running 14.7/8s
My bad! Just realised you have an LCR instead of an ICR :oops:. I should hope its faster than that then :D

Like Ben has just said 24secs for a standard valver with the clio williams around the 20sec mark. Although i wouldnt have said a 4sec difference between valver and willy

The video can be started late and finished early. Speedo innaccuracy/wheel size etc. You could have filmed it going down hill??

Filming a speedo video is not proof mate, a timing slip is.

LY 200

Get me a timin slip n il prove what it can do then not that i need to prove anything anyway!!!;)

I didnt give any points of a second mate just that you can make out from start to finish of the vid which is 20 secs long id already hit a 100 from a standing start!!!Lol

LOL, good on you mate.

Have you not run it up the strip and what was your terminal? Normally thats quite a good indication of your 0-100 time.

Although i wouldnt be as optimistic as to say a valver can do 90-100 in 1 second. LOL:D

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 08 January 2005

Danny

Try about 5secs mate.

Lol

My valvers pretty standard engine wise (well that i know of anyway) with 17s and it done the 0-100 quicker than 21-22 also with a passenger!!

There is only 20 secs of the vid and you can see its already hit a 100(could be out abit because of the size of the wheels maybe)!!Lol

I got a vid which id like to post but i cant because i havnt got the cable to do so for my phone, cant believe the stand 0 to 100 would be 21-22 secs tho!!
JayR there is a fair difference between the 0-100 time on the speedo and a real time...I have a couple of vids of my car doing 0-100 in pretty much 14 dead on the speedo but the car only 1/4 miles in mailto:14.7@93mph">14.7@93mph thats a pretty big difference.....

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well watch the vid i posted. if u take a few tenths off the start before i set off, and when it hits 100 its just under 14 secs, but i actually ran a 14.3 on that run i think @ 95mph

and just to note that vid was actually on the strip so it was a perfic flat bit of road :)

Ben, some of the valvers/willys on here are capable of mincing much more powerfull cars (as im sure you know) The ones with proof of course.

LY 200

No i havnt mate only had the car for 8mths now and was only 19 at the time so it took me a while to get used to the car, i have plenty of years ahead of me to run up a strip anyway!!!

Although i like the speed it isnt just for that by any means!!!

May do it at some point tho if i decide to get some standard rims for the occasional use!!!

172 Exclusive

It takes alot for a valver to get to the tonne below 20 seconds and with 17s on it takes alot more you will need more than just the breathing mods i tell ya

LY 200

Lol i only asked what the times were peeps!!!

And if you read an earlier post i did say that it may not be accurate because of the wheels etc!!!

Im quite happy to go by the vid time tho!!!

Thats not me saying i THINK its ACCURATE just its given a good time so il go by that for now!!!;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

where ya from pal?? you should get ur ass to york or pod!

always good to be able to back yourself up with a timing slip or video. iv had many a banter on other forums just fo the pure entertainment value, then after a while of winding them up get the slips and vids out and they soon shut up hehe!

LY 200

Im down in Essex mate...I havnt said that it was dead accurate in this thread just that thats what the vid showed!!!

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 08 January 2005

i know a lad who runs 13.8 in a 1.8 16v!
lol.not exactly a 1.8 with willy pistons n that is it really lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

well i think its still nearer 1.8 than 2.0 hehe. didnt he say it was somethin like 1825cc now or something similar!