ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver / 16v Cambelt

Need to get the cambelt done pretty soon on the valver and any info would help....

Best place to get an OE cambelt and tensioner kit?

K-Tec do an uprated belt for an extra £20? Worth it/necessary? (My valver's runnin 160bhp)

Any other parts to change/think about changing while this is getting done?

Thanks

Tom

Fiesta ST
I just got a local garage to fit a new "kit". But I supplied them with the updrated Piper Belt (from K-Tec). People said you don't really need it (std. valver) but imo it's better safe than sorry. lol. :D Think it came to £250 all in.

Apparetly you should also get the waterpump and aux belt changed at the same time. :)

S2000
As well getting the water pump done at the same time as suggested but I personally wouldn't bother with any uprated kit - no need for it imo.

Have you got somewhere to do the belt change for you or are you doing it yourself? If not you could try stan who is somewhere in wales (north iirc) who comes highly recommended and will probably do it at a better price than most places.

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
get someone who knows what they are doing/done it before,

it helps if you have tiny weiny hands!

Valver
As well getting the water pump done at the same time as suggested but I personally wouldn't bother with any uprated kit - no need for it imo.

Have you got somewhere to do the belt change for you or are you doing it yourself? If not you could try stan who is somewhere in wales (north iirc) who comes highly recommended and will probably do it at a better price than most places.

stans in swansea, gd rates would recommend!

The cambelt kit is around £80 from renault - make sure that whoever does the belt chages everything in the kit.

I'm in north wales, but I got a renault specalist 10miles from me so it's all good.

Just wanted to know what I was talking about before I go talk to him about it

Cheers people....