ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver advise needed/What would you do??

Suzuki SV1000S
Ok basicaly ( I think some of you know my car)

My K-reg valver has done 70k miles has been stripped out and made ready for track days and fun, has roill cage, buckets, lightweight alloys, suspension upgrade, brake upgrade.

Unfortunatley today at bedford i had a major engine issue (think one of the valvers has gone or maybe even a piston ring, eeekkk)

Shall is sell the valver to someone who wants to rebuild the engine or do a transplant as everything else is perfect on the car or should I get the engine rebuilt myself.

also can anyone advise me on anywhere in London (prefferably near wandsworth) where I can get the engine rebuilt with performance parts (cams etc) or at least geta quote for now.

cheers in advance.

Suzuki SV1000S
but presumably it won't cost much more for the performance parts over standard will it as engine will already be out?

J

jamesy

personally i dont think there's as much of a difference between the f7p and f7r as people like to make out certainly not enough to buy the lump and go through the bother of fitting;)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
big difference mate, plus much more scope for more power with the f7r engine, ie cams etc.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
jamesy said:
personally i dont think there's as much of a difference between the f7p and f7r as people like to make out certainly not enough to buy the lump and go through the bother of fitting;)

You obviously have'nt driven a hybrid;)

1996 Valver
Hey George, hows it going mate?

Why do you think something is up with your car, wots it doing/not doing??

For the cost, I would just re-build the engine you have, After driving it I'm sure it is cammed!

Suzuki SV1000S
Pat_986 said:
Hey George, hows it going mate?

Why do you think something is up with your car, wots it doing/not doing??

For the cost, I would just re-build the engine you have, After driving it I'm sure it is cammed!

hi matey,

I was on a track day and all of a sudden I started getting a really loud knocking noise which gradually got louder - I then stopped and as soon as the car stopped moving the engine cut out - Then it wouldn't start again or even turn over (bugger) - after about 4 hours it turned over again and started but when I revved it (slightly) - I got a loud knocking noise again..

So far it looks like it will be more expensive to rebuild it than get another engine fitted.. not sure what to do - all my mates ang girlfriend are saying I should buy a new car but I love my valver and it always seems to do brilliantly on the track..

1996 Valver
I know it's tempting to get a newer car, but as you say the valver is a great car, especially when all the work has been done on it like yours.

I dont relly know what to suggest with your car, the banging noise to me sounds like it could be the bottom end, but unless it is sezied it wouldn't explain why it won't even turn over.

Could it be a sensor of some type?? TDC sensor?? Worth getting a garage to take a look.

I still think that it would be an idea to re-build your engine though, if you go the 2.0l route I'm sure you are looking at a good £500 just for the engine, thats before you start with the fitting.

Suzuki SV1000S
mmm well def. worth considering then - I just need to find a garage then that is willing to collect the car etc..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Just get another valver engine. Some people give them away. They are cheap as chips. Total cost = fook all. Fit it yourself or get a mate to help.

Or fit a williams engine and end up paying stupid money (750 pounds plus, just for the engine).

Trophy
George16v said:
so who should I speak to and how much will it cost to get a willy engine fitted.

Speak to Stan*.
He's trying to build up a customer base and is priced very reasonably.

Mat.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Yup thats his user name on here...he's bit of a f7 guru and can sort you out with anything really...

Suzuki SV1000S
Ok basically peeps I am having a williams fitted by a company in oxfordsshire called B-tec.

Also - does anyone know what I have to arrange re-insurance and DVLA etc - if not I know the garage will know

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
nice one george....can remember quite a few of our chats when you initially got this...would of been a shame to sell it......i think the 2ltr is the way forward really

Trophy
It is a bit pricey but thats what Infinicar will hold out for as he knows he will get it.
Normal mileage examples can be had for a lot less money.

Mat.

Clio Trophy 463
I have a valver engine you could buy off me for £100 done 80k, Its out of another K reg so will go straight in.

Dan

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
surely a megane coupe 2.0 16v engine is the same?? but a shed loads cheaper??!

Suzuki SV1000S
couldn't find one matey - I literally just rang around breakers asking for a 2.0 16v F7R engine - First one I found happened to be from a williams 2.

Suzuki SV1000S
Notorious - you got any pics of yours - haven't seen yours before?

Is it wrong to put the 2.0 litre indicator badges on is it that subtle enough?