ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver alternator belt

MK1 16v
Has anyone done a valver alternator brlt i had a bash at it today but couldnt figure out what was tensioning it i am guessing its the alternator with the top bracket holding it but i couldnt find the other bolt holding the alternator.

if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be a big help.

thanks a lot

sam

Mondeo TDCI 130
From memory there is a pulley with a allen key in the middle and a 21 or 22 mm hex head around it, you loosen the allen key then turn it up or down accordingly with a spanner, it has a teeth mechanism behind it!

MK1 16v
From memory there is a pulley with a allen key in the middle and a 21 or 22 mm hex head around it, you loosen the allen key then turn it up or down accordingly with a spanner, it has a teeth mechanism behind it!

thanks a lot mate that makes perfect sense i thought it was like a lot of otheers and was just spring loaded but it didnt move.

cheers

Only thing is 90% of the time the teeth have broken, best bet is to remove alternartor bolts whihc gives you just enough room to get belt on and off and then lever alternator back out to re tension belt, usually works and easier than f**king about adjusting tension too