ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower alternator pivot bolt

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Will do mate ,I did find out today that it has actually snapped NOT just fell out 🤬🤬🤬
If its fallen out, your new replacement will fit. Just get underneath the alternator and job done. Cant do much else until it arrives. Or go to a builder merchant they may have the appropriate length and size as a temporary measure.

Until the other one arrives we cant do much to "help."

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I know it will ,but unfortunately it’s actually snapped other half still in there 🤷🏼
If you can't afford to give it to a garage, you'll have to learn to fix some things yourself to keep it on the road.

I dare say there are plenty of people on here maintaining their own cars who are self-taught.

In the meantime, while waiting for the part to arrive, get a tenner out and become a member. That way you'll have access to a vast pool of information in the guides section and maybe some of the more experienced members may help you out. But remember, be humble and remember to say thank you.

Over to you - https://cliosport.net/pages/membershipinfo/

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Also this should be in the technical section.
Yeah I know it will ,but unfortunately it’s actually snapped other half still in there 🤷🏼
Sounds like you need to get it drilled out or tapped out then. Otherwise no bolt will get into that same location.
Can you get an easy out or bolt extractor into it. You will need to get the alternator out the way for this to be done.