ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver angel eyes

is anybody running higher power bulbs etc.

was about to buy some but the guy in motorworld wanted to know if the lens was plastic or glass (Ive just checked and its plastic)

said its best off finding out if the normal bulb was a low temp one, because he doesnt want me to melt my lights lol!

just wondering if anyone knew before I phone K-Tec.....

ta....tom

just got off the phone to K-Tec

the question actually baffled them but they have no knowledge that the bulbs that come with them are anything but normal spec.

my lights still look brand new after a year so obviously there arent any problems with heat at the moment. ie. plastic lens hasnt marked.

I suppose Im just gonna have to put some high output ones in and see if theyre alright.

hopefully though, someone can still answer my question lol!

tom

If you can get high output ones with xenon gas in them it will be safer. its got better cooling properties than halogen so should run cooler than high power halogens.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

if the bulbs are coated to help prevent UV rays, they should be fine id imagine.

100w bulbs should even be ok (well they are on the mk2 twin optics to the best of my knowledge)

thanks people

the bloke did mention it might be wise going with xenon ones to be safer

out of interest, anybody know of any decent online sites for bulbs?

tom