ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Belt Noise

RB 182 Cup
hi,

i was just wondering what this noise is coming from my engine,. Its like a squeaky belt noise when the engine is running and seems to get faster with the throttle, but then fades out at higher revs. Was wondering if its dangerous to drive like this as i have the car booked in for a service at the end of the month, maybe if i keep it at low revs? hoping its the fan belt and not the cam belt, but dont see why this would relate to the throttle so worried.

thanks,

Ross

Could be the aux belt, could be the PAS pump or could be the cambelt idler/tensioners.

Any of these will relate to throttle as they'll turn faster will more gas.

Safe enough to drive though

Last edited:
Theres no real way of knowing if your cambelt is going to snap other than knowing its outside its service schedule...i.e it won't make a noise....if your worried about it i'd get it changed though. Aux belt is different as it could need adjusted, cambelt idlers/tensions could be squeaking if they haven't been changed at the last cambelt swap...or could just be worn.