ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver BIG FUEL LEAK COMING FROM ENGINE

Williams

Please HELP!! I was running the fuel low on my recently bought valver to find out if the reserve pump worked....however it didnt and I ran out of fuel. I then put 5lts in from a can I had in the car. Its spluttered and coughed so I went and put 8 quid in it. I then gave it a good thrash. I was overcome by a very very strong smell of PETROL. I stopped and found it pissing out from under the engine and LOTS of it!! It was all round the engine and on top of the gear box. Whats happended??? Can anyone help?? where could the leak be coming from? what do I need to remove to get to the problem?? There was so much fuel coming out of it! think im lucky to be alive!!!! Cheers

look under neath the drivers footwell, you will see 3 x pipes check there all in the connectors.. trace the pipes up to the rail.. check for splits.. check the fuel rail is secured in the block.

Williams

Thanks very much, will have a look in the morning. Dont think I will sleep tonight knowing that its a fire hazard and its parked outside my front door!!

Trophy

Seems strange for it to reach the gearbox, as the fuel lines are routed along the drivers suspension turret and then onto the cambelt cover.

Actually, if its reached the gearbox, check the little pipe on the fuel pressure regulator!
Its just in front of the oil filler cap.

Mat.

Williams

I cant tell you how much was pouring out of it!! At 1st I thought it had blown a hose off and that it was water pouring out. If I turn the ignition on it crackles and the smell is worse. I will be checking it out as soon as it stops raining!!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

It will be one of the 2 fuel lines which run from the drives side of the engine bay (from the fuel rail under the plastic cover) down past the cam belt. Mine went last year not cheap to replace thats for sure.