ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver, completly standard or...

slightly moded!

At the moment my valver has williams wheels on in silver, lowered 55mm on apex shocks and sprins, a full ktec exhaust and williams interior!

I think she looks nice as she is, but I am having a few problems with how low it is, getting over speed bumps is a nightmare, country lane bumps scratching the exhaust, even the sump the other day! And I might have some trouble on the rolling road, but not been yet!

However, I love the slammed look, but I am a bit tempted by practibility, what should I do, its either back to standard, leave it as it is or take the back up slightly?

With the interior thats staying, as I might have sold the old one!

Exhaust, love the way it sounds but would like a completly stabdard example to!

Wheels - either refurb the phase 2s and put them on or keep the willys?

Or everything completly standard, even down to the tape player and orange side repeaters!

What does everyone think?

Without a doubt, a moded 16v is better!

IMO your car looks spot on but i would be tempted to put a proper valver interior back in as im not a fan of dressing a 1.8 up like a williams unless its got the power to back it up (i.e 2ltrs etc). Aside from that, raise the back and keep it as is m8! :D

IMO if you want to keep your valver standard you would need to make it show condition without any blemishes, otherwise you wont get any pleasure from it. I would have thought that adding a K-Tec system, changing the colour of your flip-up side winkers and dropping it a bit but still keeping it tidy would not affect the value of the car. If you can produce receipts and dont drive it too much like a plank it should be ok. Id change the drop from 55 to 35mm, still looks good but more practical.

The danger with modded cars is that when buying one you assume the owner has ragged it. I clean mine regularly, make sure everything works and dont drive it too hard all the time, hopefully that will reflect when I sell it *god forbid*

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

just have it lowered 35-40mm mate. mines 40mm and is fine on speed bumps. yours is spot on though, nothing mad, just nice subtle mods!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Slam it even more on some 17s!

They probably wont turn in the archs but it would look good!!

Modded all the way mate, Willys are to be left alone, Valvers are there to be tinkered with!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

As Matts just said - the 16v can be modded to your own taste where as its a crime to change a willy. Do what you want to it to the standard you want!

It looks mint at the mo though so id just leave it mate and mod the engine!

rsturbo and a xr3i

i think your car looks nice the way youve got it at the moment i think you should leave those willy wheels on

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Keep the bodywork standard but go for engine mods plus exhaust and filter. If youre having problems with the ride height Id raise it slightly but imo its all about performance if you want spend money on 17s and kits buy a 1.2.

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 22 June 2004

Slam it even more on some 17s!

They probably wont turn in the archs but it would look good!!

Modded all the way mate, Willys are to be left alone, Valvers are there to be tinkered with!

lol......i have to argue against that point lol... each car is the owners creation..... i so wanted to keep mine standard.but got bored of the roll thru corners, the quick but not quite quick enuff engine, the silent nearly exhaust..........so changed it to suit me, i mean lets face it........reno didnt leave it as it was for the rallies did they lol

the ride height is slightly lower than std at the front, but standard at the rear....doesnt catch anywhere....and goes over speedhumps etc no probs.....not surprised ur avin probs tho mate cos urs is fukkin low lol...personally id raise urs a little n keep it as is......save for the 2.0 n bobs ur mothers brother

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Mod the Willy engine and suspension but leave wheels and body work as they are!

Thats what I would do if I had one.

cheers for the comments lads.

Ive decided to leave it as it is apart from tidying it all up, the little scratches, dents etc up, probably raise the back slightly, just about where the top of the tyre is and then replace anything thats looking a bit tired and old, brakes for one need doing!

And mod the engine eventually! what mods does the valver respond to best? Ill post this up in the exterior section but feel free to add in both!

2live - you could always sell me your old willy lump???just playin buddy, im enjoying the power of the valver at the mo!

Looking forward to the rolling road and the next NW run, whos arranging this?

cheers for comments lads

dannyt

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Danny, you wont notice much from zorst and IK but it will sound much nicer.

Never been in a more modded one so cant say but should imagine head cams and chip would be pretty rapid.

Prob be on the 160 bhp region with that.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Now youve got 16v power danny have you thought about having a go at quarter miling? You should get yourself to York sometime, Im itching to go quartermiling/ Peaks/ NW blast. Get my car back on Monday hopefully.:D

yer will do fella, we will have to get another peaks run organised, or quarter miling with the NW boys and others, if anyones up for it?

And this rolling road on the 3rd, u still goin?

Cheers matt, think ill just go for a chip and see what that gets me eventually, but as for now, gonna stop spending so much money on cars, its getting expensive!

The Jinx

What exhaust you got on now Danny?

Its in mint condition. Not been on (and then off) for long. Not wanting much TBH. £20? Its taking up space in me shed ysee.

Ive got a ktec full system, but was just thinking in case I ever wanted to put a standard one back on!

However, mums already started complaining about the parts I already ahve down there, so ill have to think about it mate, but I will get back to you, so keep hold of it for us!