ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver gearbox blown today!

ClioMK1, Clio 182
Just went out in the valver and a loud whining sound started....next thing i knew i could hear what sounded like metal smashing about, pulled over and gt the torch underneath and there was a nice huge patch of what appears to be gearbox oil! need a new box by the sounds of it...are clio 172 boxes a straight swap?

straight swap in a way you need a cable speedo drive version of the box found ph1's and iirc ph2 cups. also need to change the lower half of the gearbox mount (the one uner the battery) and the black metal bracket off your box that the dogbone mount goes onto needs to be bolted on the new box(straight fit)

ClioMK1, Clio 182
Thanks alot great help, what a about a diesel 1.9 box i dont know much about the boxes but what model renault do the 1.9 diesel boxes come out of?