ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Gearbox...

Car  Tungy
To save me a lot of hassle of ringing around; Does anyone know where I might be able to find a reconditioned box and how much I'm likely to pay? If the prices are horrific I'll just try and find a second hand box.

Thanks
Brad
 
hi mate ive got a 2nd gearbox.
its done 70k odd.
all it needs is a circa clip which i removed 4 my box, its about £5 from reno.
cheers rick
 
2nd hand boxes can be good or bad, who knows.. you would have to take yours into most places but they might offer a warrenty and the box should be good for another 100k if you can select a gear correctly.. some people cant seem to manage it on their traffic like races, many also dont take their hand off the gearstick while driving... tut tut..
 
Okay cheers fellas. I think its a bearing that's shattered. It still works okay but winds horrendously and theres a hole in the bottom as if a bearing has shot out and also no oil in it now.
 
Back
Top