ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Gearbox...

Tungy
To save me a lot of hassle of ringing around; Does anyone know where I might be able to find a reconditioned box and how much I'm likely to pay? If the prices are horrific I'll just try and find a second hand box.

Thanks
Brad

clio 1.8 16v
hi mate ive got a 2nd gearbox.
its done 70k odd.
all it needs is a circa clip which i removed 4 my box, its about £5 from reno.
cheers rick

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
2nd hand boxes can be good or bad, who knows.. you would have to take yours into most places but they might offer a warrenty and the box should be good for another 100k if you can select a gear correctly.. some people cant seem to manage it on their traffic like races, many also dont take their hand off the gearstick while driving... tut tut..

Tungy
Okay cheers fellas. I think its a bearing that's shattered. It still works okay but winds horrendously and theres a hole in the bottom as if a bearing has shot out and also no oil in it now.