ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver headgasket

valver
wassup everyone, in the process of changin the head gasket on my valver, n got a few q's to ask, when alls done, can i take it out for a cainin straight away? or does it need a runnin in sort of period?
also with the head off im guna take a dremal to the inlet ports to smooth n polish, is there anythin else i can do? obviously not expectin a drastic change in performance but every little helps!
any info would be gratfuly recived.
n 1 comment to add, god dam what a b**ch they are to work on, the engine bay so tight would have been easies to drop the gear box n runnin gear off n lift the bugger out. all gud fun tho!
thankyou please

CS Dungeon
iirc most on here do lift the engine out for major works like cambelt, HG etc

There is no run in period after HG change

2005 Nissan Navara
its not overly difficult to change a headgasket with the engine in.

Good gains can be got from modifyng the cylinder head, if you know what you are doing.

Not thought about fitting a williams engine instead?

valver
yeah alls out now, with a few chunks out me hands. was prety simple, yeah thought bout the williams replacement, would be nice if one comes along. anythin i buy i have to get back to the island tho, which aint cheap.

i bet you text A LOT of people - you have it down to a fine art!

You can expect perhaps a slight increse in performance from the head but dont expect too much me old mucker

valver
ha, what makes ya say that?
cheers for the info. anyone got one of those b&b or ktec turbo coverts? bet the car ends up about a foot longer after drivin dont it. sketch in front wheel drive i would imagine