ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 2.0 16v Turbo

Renault Clio 16v
well at the moment i'm being held up by the machinist who is making my rear caliper extension brackets :(

and what do you mean ive let the conversion stumb? lol

'92 172, Lotus Elise
04072009050.jpg

Put some rimtape on the wheels

This pic also shows what happens when you use r19 16v wishbones inplace of Williams, they induce too much castor

is that not 'cause your bumper is on the piss?

Renault Clio 16v
no, even with the bumper straight it catches you can see the wheel isnt centre to the opening like a williams

Renault Clio 16v
Bit of luck this weekend...

Went to the local scrappy on the random and managed to find a new door for my car finally! Been looking up there for one since before this project started and thats 2 and a bit years :lol: The door was a on a very very VERY tidy 29k, yes 29k!!!! 1.2 ph3. The door is immaculate, unfortunaltly the other side wasn't :( (had scratches worse than my current door)

Put it on along with the ph1 bump strips and wind deflector.

12072009123.jpg

12072009122.jpg

Also fitted the carbon door card to that door.

12072009121.jpg

Renault Clio 16v
Today I ...

Fitted the new steering wheel, R19 ph2 16v stereo controller (its angled more towards the wheel and just generally looks better), Filled the box with oil,

10082009155.jpg

AND...

Got my rear brake brackets !!

GET

IN!!!!!!

10082009157.jpg

just waiting now for some bolts to turn up in the post so i can fit the brackets :D

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Just read the thread from start to finish, pure awesomeness!

Best of luck with the rest of it! :D

C180 kommpressor!
Very cool project this one, i like that you have taken your time with the pipework and it looks like it should have left the factory that way.

Renault Clio 16v
Thanks, I was originally going to keep the battery under the bonnet, so wanted to keep it all neat as possible

ValverInBits
gutted.
Have you got a bias valve to try and sort the brake bias out? With the extra mechanical advantage of the 265mm discs your going to want something surely?

Renault Clio 16v
nah was just going to adjust the std one. no need to now tho, going to put standard stuff on. really lost interest now

Renault Clio 16v
when i plotted the brackets i made the mistake of adding the difference of the disc diameter's to the drawing, not the radius, so it moved the caliper out twice as far as i needed :( school boy error

they will be making a comeback though, once mot'd etc. have it booked in for MOT next wednesday

Renault Clio 16v
Mot passed this morning:clap:

Had an advisory that the horn doesnt work. Although this was because he was pushing the button on the wheel when its on the indicator stalk ....:slap::rolleyes:

1.2 16v Dynamique.
wow mate ! cant wait to see the faces on scooby drivers etc when this little clio leaves them standin lol
she looks awesome - well done !

Renault Clio 16v
Update

Manifold is f**ked! the waste gate port has snapped off. Now in search of a t 28 manifold! Really neg'd me, the car is being laid up again after a mere few weeks on the road :dapprove:

Renault Clio 16v
how much am i going to be looking at ?

would rather spend 500 on a new mani than nearly triple that on a new cast mani, turbo and downpipe

Last edited:
  ValverInBits
so much neater! That's awesome.
How much bumper are you going to have to remove? I fitted my intercooler in basically the same place and was pretty shocked how much of the bumper had to go.

Renault Clio 16v
so much neater! That's awesome.
How much bumper are you going to have to remove? I fitted my intercooler in basically the same place and was pretty shocked how much of the bumper had to go.

Yeah i had to trim a fair bit off mine, not too bad though as it still retains its look fortunately

26102009033.jpg

26102009034.jpg

26102009035.jpg

26102009035.jpg

Intercooler sits a bit low though, think i might have to get an Ibiza splitter or something :(

Renault Clio 16v
Work in progress atm, its the mani's last chance. I will be intouch with your builder if it decides to f**k up again!