ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver oil filter

went changing the oil and filter there,was expecting the filter to be the usual nitemare job of lying underneath the car trying to reach up,anyway just looked in at the filter from the engine bay and noticed there is just enough room to squeeze my arm in between the h.lamp and rad to reach the filter,had it off and the new one on in two minutes!give it a shot when changing it next time,mite save u a few minutes at least

lol! Or the easier way is to get the oil filter for the williams/2.0 megane (which is identical, apart from a nut on the back) and use a spanner;)

lol!!!

yea, dunno how people get talked into doing it from under the car or taking the rad off etc.....

its a 30 sec job..........

BTW, im a little fillipino boy..........lol

Undo dog bone (gearbox mount) so engine can swing a little and it gives you loadsa space from bottom, one 17mm bolt makes the world of difference

Quote: Originally posted by Alex M on 02 May 2003

Undo dog bone (gearbox mount) so engine can swing a little and it gives you loadsa space from bottom, one 17mm bolt makes the world of difference

lol Alex.............what do you do when you wanna change the spark plugs ???? take the engine out ??....lol ;)

hahah yer good one, so its an easy job to get to the filter off!

Im on it tommorow so dont wanna be spending all day on it!

So its just underneath the inlet manifold over near the drivers side headlight?

how the hell do you fit your arm through that Gap!?!? lol

i had a nightmare removing mine the first time i got it-the seal hadnt been oiled and it was seized on. took me 45 minutes to get it off with just about every tool i had to hand,lol

Its easy, jsut squeese your arm in the gap.

And dont use the filter with the nut on the end, it makes life so difficut trying to work a spanner in that gap.

Quote: Originally posted by DeanRSi on 18 June 2004

i had a nightmare removing mine the first time i got it-the seal hadnt been oiled and it was seized on. took me 45 minutes to get it off with just about every tool i had to hand,lol
Guess you never used an oil filter wrench then ;-)

Get yourselves 1.2s i have about a foot of room to work in :)

500bhp Scoob

ive got an old RT 1.4, got a spare filter sitting about, is it just twist off, then put new one on, or is there oil that goes everywhere?

Ill give it a go tommoz, will it need the oil filter tool to remove it and I should just be able to tighten it on by hand afterwards?

tried to do mine this avo, no chance i can get my hand in there reach up to grab it but no way enough room to twist

whats the best way that its done (normally)

That is the best way and normal way to do it.

Silly ways are taking off the rad, fron under the car and getting dirty.....

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 18 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by DeanRSi on 18 June 2004

Guess you never used an oil filter wrench then ;-)

Get yourselves 1.2s i have about a foot of room to work in :)
The filters prob bigger than the engine??

Jokes!!

I fit my hand in both ways between the radiater and from underneath, it was only finger tight so didnt need to use the oil filter removing tool!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i like the filter with nuts on them because you can crack them off with a spanner and undo them by hand. filters without the nut i just knock them round with a screwdriver from underneath and when there loose undo it with my hand.

Jank a screwdriver in it if its stuck and twist it then. (As Jay wrote.. i just noticed)

It is an easy job... and should take like 1 min og so.

Jay.. why bother with the nut one? You dont wanna reuse the filter when swapping so how it looks when it comes of is irrelevant aint it? Off it goes and on with the new one.. the smaler the better... (more room for the large hand you need to squeez down there)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

well the nut one you can just undo with a spanner,its just easier i wasnt thinking off what the filter would look like afterwards. oh and you dont get oil everywhere.