ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver Oil Pressure

Ive noticed since buying my 1993 Clio 16v that the oil pressure seems on the low side compared to my previous car, 205 gti. When cruising on the motorway at 80mph the oil pressure guage shows only 2 bars, is this normal? I use Halfords fully sythentic oil........

Also, the oil pressure guage does not come to life until Ive been driving the car for approx 10 mins, anyone else experienced this?

Ta, Paul

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

at 80mph my oil pressure is above above 3bar. in fact anything over about 3.5k revs and its just about under max. but i have had the engine rebuild 4k miles ago!

soon as i start my car the oil pressure rises high ! Then while driving the car this is what it should be.. 1bar @ 1000rpm , 3bar @ 3500rpm,then anything above 3bar is a bonus ! but maybe your gauge is dodgy ..?

Hi all.

Newbie here!

My old 16Vs pressure dropped to nothing on tickover, climbing slightly when on the move. Oil pressue light never came on. Turned out to be the sender unit to the pressure gauge. Renault Minute fitted a new one and all was fine.

Cheers.

yea the higher the pressure the better ! my valvers done 110k and my oil pressure is always high at high revs

Mr2 Roadster

Mine runs up to 5 bar at about 5-6000 revs. Its a RSi not 16v! I thought it was a bad thing!

Nice one, its always good being in touch with your car and knowing what all the dials are telling you..........................................

is this like the 8th time people have asked this in a week!!!

SEARCH FUNCTION!

But glad to see some people are remembering!

mines down 89700miles paul.

at 80C mailto:1bar@1000rpm">1bar@1000rpm, just under mailto:4bar@3500">4bar@3500

them pesky gauges. just one more thing to worry about going wrong when they start movin about. :cry: