ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver probs

Valver
hi fellas any ideas?
started my car yesterday and it wouldnt fire up, it turned over though.
cleaned the plugs cos they were a bit oily then it started up after a few tries.

it ws fine yesterday untill i tried starting it again this morning and it wouldnt go again untill i cleaned the spark plugs again, what do you think?

new plugs i havnt changed them in 15k?

i thought it might be because 2 days ago the little cap on the top left hand side of my radiator came off and coolent went everywhere, the aa man temporarily sealed it and i have to loosen the coolent bottle to let the pressure out you dont think somewhere in the engine is moist? (electrics?)

please help its buggin me!

once plugs have been fouled thats it, they need changed.

exactly how much pressure is in the cooling system? i.e. has the headgasket gone?

Valver
nah the heads fine theres no white smoke or anything white in the head i think it must be a plug thing,
since the AA guy stuck a load of water in the cooling system its been running the coolest its ever been
i might get some new plugs tommorow, you dont think its anything to do with the distributor? its fine once it warms up