ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver sound setups

should be getting my valver this friday :D and first things first, get a stereo fitted and upgrade the standard speakers. I intend to keep the speakers where they are i.e. not put 6X9s in the parcel shelf or anything like that. What speakers do you lot recommend? Im willing to pay for some decent speakers basically, so not bottom of the range but not the most expensive either. I would be grateful to hear your recommendations :)

im looking at this head unit - http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=3348http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=3348 - its an mp3 player and seems to be very reasonably priced! has anyone used/seen this? or can you recommend a better one for a similar price? (upto £150 or so). How would i connect the 6 speakers to a head unit capable of connecting 4?

normaly just better to get a set of component speakers up front and then get a sub in the boot and dont bother with the rest. you will get a better sound, and by the time all is done wont cost much more then getting loads of smaller speakers and sounding crap.

silver valver/hybrid

dont have to worry about being 6 speakers as the tweeters in the dash are daisy chained off the door speakers,so effectively the head unit only sees 4 speakers. i just changed the tweeters, put kenwood coaxals in the doors, and gonna put a single dvc 12" sub in the boot.

nice head unit EvilJohn - im swayed towards that one :) However does it allow me to connect the volume control stork upto it? Ive heard the Sony head units do it.

I did the sub and amp thing in my 1.2 and i cant be bothered with it again in this car, mainly cus last time everything got nicked. I just want a nice simple and quality setup using the standard speaker placements. if i come to any meets tho, id like to listen to your setups with components in the front and sub in the back. Ive heard this is the best setup from loads of people, but i never imagined it to sound good really. mainly cus just a thumping from the sub would be coming from the back.