ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver specs?

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
more importantly how much does a valver weigh?

standard power i believe is 137bhp?

Can i seriously expect a 20bhp increase with a chip K&N and a magnex system?

i have my doubts

Is Nos a viable option?

What are the best options for tuning ?

Best option is a 2.0 Willaims engine or Megan bottom end for starters. Depending whay you want to spend I'd get a rebuilt 2.0 megan or Willaims bottom end a ported 16V head and then cams if you have the money with a remap and some good work that will make a very quick engine. Tunning the stcok 1.8 with cams/head work isn't as cost effective.
Stock power means nothing as they are all 10 years+ old you'd be luckly to get 137 out of any of then unless they have been rebuilt.

Nos is an option but expenisve for short Hp fun.

No way 20hp with chip exhaust and induction kit the racers got 150 and they were blueprinted balanced (I belive) with other special bit incluidng mapiing and induction/exhaust stuff.

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph
Zmaster2k said:
more importantly how much does a valver weigh?

standard power i believe is 137bhp?

Can i seriously expect a 20bhp increase with a chip K&N and a magnex system?

i have my doubts

Is Nos a viable option?

What are the best options for tuning ?

valver weighs 980 KGs standard

yes standard is 137 in the book, but most standard valvers wont hit that!! so i was told by sum guy at BB tuning.

no u wontget 20 bhp from chip K&N and a magnex system?

if u get a decent map looking at like 15 max probbly.
mine has a chip, k&N, decat, stainless cat back system estimating itto be about 147ish.
i RR at 137.8 standard, havent RR after the mods yet.

yeah nos is good lol, if set up properly.

for tuning the 1.8 16v engine i would say best gains will come from cams and puleys, decent map, decent exhaust system inc decat, superstrint. and some headwork and a decent clutch.! also to get best out of it strip it :D ive compeltely stripped my valver and its makes a huge difference!

but like other say u can go 2lr, but then its not a valver any more!!! thats y i dotn wanna make that transformation!