ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jenic's AG200

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So are you keeping the car then or just looking to increase its value? HSC are selling one they bought off Facebook a while back for £8k and in surprised they haven't bought yours tbh.
View attachment 1596995
Not seen that, interesting, they're local too!

I've had a bit of interest in mine and a few offers but I don't need to sell it enough to let it go cheap. I've only advertised it in free places so far as I'm not that set on it going. I love driving it when I'm going for a fun blast, but it's just not great at the thing I need it for primarily which is longer journeys really.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not sold the Clio, think I'm keeping it. Had a few offers but nothing high enough for me to let it go. Took it Wales last week and it was a great drive, the new suspension up front has improved the ride massively.

Inspired by @Marceliamous I decided to clean the wheel stitching today, such a satisfying thing to do. I know they are the same photos as they posted but I don't care 😂

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

And then I gave it a quick wash, scrubs up well

image3.jpeg

A few jobs I'm going to do over summer:

• Repaint the door handles gloss rather than matt black, to match the mirror caps/front bumper
  • Refurbish the headlights properly, they're way better after the polish I did but still not as perfect as I'd like, so I just need to grow a pair and use the 3M kit I have
  • Trip to @MicKPM for belts, not due until next year but I think I'll be happier knowing they're done

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You didn't buy those matching leather recaro's then? I bet it was great around Wales, mine is away off from being driven properly yet🙁.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You didn't buy those matching leather recaro's then? I bet it was great around Wales, mine is away off from being driven properly yet🙁.
Too much money for me 😂

It was a mainly cycling trip, but the driving I did was a lot of fun.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Been using this loads more recently, I've got a few jobs mounting up so decided to have a car day today. Wanted to get through them all but no such luck.

Wanted to change the rear shocks as they were looking a bit crusty, KTEC had some good deals on rear shocks and rear discs and pads, the whole lot were about £80 less than anywhere else for genuine so that was the first job:

Old and new shocks, the old ones didn't feel that bad, but nice to have all new after doing the fronts the other month:

IMG_0963.jpg

Old brakes again weren't end of life, but a little crusty, the back of the discs had worn a little more. I need to respray the calipers too I know:

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

Finally there has recently been a nasty heat shield rattle, found that pretty quickly:

IMG_0966.jpg

The clip was non existent and crumbled when I removed it, and I couldn't find anything else I could use today so I have improvised with a tight af cable tie that I then spun up the threads for a tight fit. Found a massive rubber washer from the Herald build which should do the job of holding it up.

IMG_0970.jpg

Then I went for a spin and the dash lit up 😞

68217540222__F38D65BE-C7E1-4AEF-8A45-55B5B41350C6.jpg

I read the codes and it is showing rear left sensor.

The bracket everyone replaces due to corrosion isn't that bad, I took it all apart and cleaned it up really well but it still hasn't helped, the code comes back every time I clear it after 200 yards of driving. I even threw the old disc back on incase it was the new ring but that didn't help either.

Have ordered a new sensor anyway, can't really think what else it could be. Unless the code is a red herring and it's actually the other side with an issue.

Then I stopped for the day, the last two things are cosmetic and it doesn't deserve them.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As per my thread here, the ABS ring on one of the new discs was ruined somehow: https://cliosport.net/threads/abs-fault-after-fitting-new-discs.843571/

New ring came today, not taking any risks this time I wire brushed the bracket up ready for fitting:

IMG_1016.jpg

Took it for a quick spin, lights and codes be gone, for now at least:

IMG_1017.jpg

Nipping in to York later so will take this and hopefully all will be good 🤞

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Really fancied tinkering with the car today but it kept raining, managed to find a gap in the rain to give it a wash. We still have a hosepipe ban here so got myself a bucket feed for the pressure washer, which I now realise is just a piece of hose with a filter and valve on the end, still it was only £20.

Comes up lovely even if I do say so myself!

IMG_1401.jpg

Then a little job I've been putting off all summer, you know when it was a heatwave and it would have been so much easier to do.

The b pillar weather strips are pretty much gone, so I got replacements and the video on youtube makes it look a piece of cake to swap them. Well the amount of residue is nothing like the video, presumably because on the video he removes a recently fitted aftermarket one and replaces it. But a 13 year old renault one is crusty and leaves an unreal amount of glue. A lot of swearing later, especially when it kept raining, and I've got one side done. Might do the other tomorrow if it's dry (unlikely).

This is before:

IMG_1420.jpg

And after:

IMG_1421.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Really fancied tinkering with the car today but it kept raining, managed to find a gap in the rain to give it a wash. We still have a hosepipe ban here so got myself a bucket feed for the pressure washer, which I now realise is just a piece of hose with a filter and valve on the end, still it was only £20.

Comes up lovely even if I do say so myself!

View attachment 1619017

Then a little job I've been putting off all summer, you know when it was a heatwave and it would have been so much easier to do.

The b pillar weather strips are pretty much gone, so I got replacements and the video on youtube makes it look a piece of cake to swap them. Well the amount of residue is nothing like the video, presumably because on the video he removes a recently fitted aftermarket one and replaces it. But a 13 year old renault one is crusty and leaves an unreal amount of glue. A lot of swearing later, especially when it kept raining, and I've got one side done. Might do the other tomorrow if it's dry (unlikely).

This is before:

View attachment 1619018

And after:

View attachment 1619019
It's funny because you'll have used the exact same amount of water if it was with a hosepipe 😂

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It's funny because you'll have used the exact same amount of water if it was with a hosepipe 😂
More actually as there was some left in the bucket I then threw away, absolute madness, but fully legal!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate. One of my window strips could do with replacing, I might do it at work when I get a steady job on😂.

So if I put a bucket under my tap and put the hose in the bucket I can use my pressure washer? How bloody stupid is that?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good mate. One of my window strips could do with replacing, I might do it at work when I get a steady job on😂.

So if I put a bucket under my tap and put the hose in the bucket I can use my pressure washer? How bloody stupid is that?
Really bloody stupid, but yes that’s legal. It’s so hilarious though as using the hosepipe to fill the bucket from the tap you use to fill the bucket is illegal. Go figure.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Had a car day yesterday, a couple of jobs and really happy with how they came out.

Job 1 as always, pump out the pit. I swear if we put the outlet into the reservoirs the hose pipe ban would be over:

IMG_1450.jpg

Car job one today was to replace the headlights, never been happy with them so got a couple of new Valeo units. Wasn't fussed about projectors, just nice stock units.

Used the garage door to mark up the beam pattern first:

IMG_1452.jpg

Before:

IMG_1457.jpg

During:

IMG_1474.jpg

After:

IMG_1479.jpg

To say I'm happy is an understatement, absolutely transformed the front end of the car!

Next job was the rad mount, mine wasn't so bad but had rusted straight through in a couple of places on the bottom, but as the bumper was off and the part isn't a huge cost for the non sport version, although it does require some modification to fit.

Old one and new:

IMG_1459.jpg

Drilled the spot welds out of the mount from the old one, prepped with some weld through primer:

IMG_1467.jpg

All welded up and sprayed:

IMG_1473.jpg

And fitted:

IMG_1478.jpg

Arguable didn't need doing, but for £50 worth doing I think. Yes this one will rust away too, but I'll have probably sold the car way before that happens 😂

Attachments

• IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 14

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I mean no offence to you at all Mike but that's a piss poor standard to have for a club calendar

I think the Focus ST owners club would pick a better picture 😂

I completely agree, I just threw a few pics up that I had handy and didn't expect any to get picked tbh. I did submit better pics, I think I have posted them in clio media, but they weren't in a petrol station so not cool I guess.

Tbf a lot of the pics in the calendar are quite dark for some reason, and the banner at the bottom is awful, I might get the guillotine and chop it off 😂