ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver..Tickin noise comin from Engine

Valver..
Noticed this noise today...wen tickin over u can hear a tick tick tick noise comin from the engine, and wen reved the tickin gets qwicker...im not sure if its still tickin wen drivin the car..Hopefully its nothin serious coz FCS is this weekend...any ideas on wat this can be???? :(

Valver..
is that bad...pre ignition coz its wet mayb...a lil dam got in.... and yesterday i topped it up with oil...could i have over filled it a lil..???

Tungy
Sorry, ignore the tappets, they're on hyraulic lifters. To be honest I don't really know much about pre-ignition, I think you might have to adjust your timing for that. Check your dipstick level! shouldn't be the oil. If you're really concerned about it take it to someone who knows a bit about em. Also, check your timing belt or fan isn't catching on anything? Sounds silly but that would make a constant ticking noise...

Valver..
i fort it might be something catchin on something....well im drivin to portsmouth on friday to have me Coilovers fitted so0o ill get mike to have a look at it then... :( ....more money..lool... i cant check the dip stick at the mo pissin down with rain..ill check tomorrow morning!! :

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
I get ticking from the area round the injectors so maybe it could be them?.
Get Rentech to cast an eye over it when your there,but I doubt its much to worry about.Before I had the Head rebuilt,mine sounded a bit like a Diesel at times.

Valver..
rrr right..cheers tucks...hopefully it aint nothin majour... mayb its just coz its damp..and its got in somewhere....never know..hopefully...but yes BIG MIKE..will be gettin his head in there :D

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
How can the ticking injectors be cured Dan do you have any idea? wot does it mean-they are wearing out?