ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valver wont start

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
i am regretting getting this car she wont start now, measured the voltage and thats 12.3 volts but when i turn the key she drops down to 8.5 volts and wont turn over, anyone got any ideas????

Voltage will drop..

Sounds to me either the battery has had it or the starter is jammed.
As the voltage is dropping, something is happening.. so it rules out some things anyway.

Valver
Starter motor solenoid could be sticking? common problem i think tbh is it clicking when your turning the ignition to try and start it?

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
the drop in voltage was noticed when i only turn the key one click, i can hear the fuel pump prime but i lose voltage somewhere

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
no i understand that but surely it wouldnt drop down to 8.5v and sit there as the fuel pump just primes it self for the car to start or am i wrong?

Valver
Whack the starter with a hammer! or flick the ignition between 2 and 3 turns in a way that it flicks the starter motor on/off you can unstick it that way can be a bit jammy to do though...

I am also a victim of the whacking the starter motor brigade. I am trying to change it though and have seem in the Haynes manual that you have to undo the exhaust manifold, how the hell do you get the bolts off, they're so difficult to get to!

Has anyone changed a starter motor on a valver? If so could you give me some words of wisdom please.

Cheers.

How do you get the starter motor heat shield off? I've been giving it a go but can only get one of the bolts off, the other one i can get my fingers to but it won't budge.

Any suggestions?