ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valvoline Fully Synthetic 5 40w Synpower

Black 182 FF
Does anyone use the above oil?

Asking as mine is nearly due it's yearly service and I've previously used Silkolene Pro Race and then for the last two years Gulf Competition, the latter which has barely used any at all. At the moment things are tight and Eurocarparts have some decent codes for money off and I barely drive the car (girlfriend tends to use it a few times a week, I sometimes use it for work and then I use it on a weekend) meaning it's last two oil changes have been on December 2010 on 41842 miles and December 2011 on 46767 miles, with the car now sitting on 50300. All I want is a reasonable oil that isn't going to cause any problems, which I'd rather not pay top dollar for unless I have to.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yes, it's VERY good oil. I spec it for track cars (in a 10w50 or 10w60 in extreme cases). I run it in my ITB'd 172, and the Burpspeed racecar engine runs it.
ELF 5w40 is probably as good as you would need for a road car. This is what I spec for "everything else"