ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Van Door + Wind = My poor Clio Dented :o( - Advice please?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello everyone,

My 1.5Dci Clio MK2 PH2 2002 in Black is parked in my work car park.

I was in the office and a gentleman came in and informed me that his van door had caught the wind and slammed in to my car. Fair play to him as he owned up to it.

I work for BT, as seeing as a BT van door damaged my car, they should cover it.

However, its on the passenger side back panel, the car is worth less than £2000. So where do I stand with this?

I called the claims line within BT and they said that they need him to report it first to accept liability, fair enough. Then they said they'll get it booked in to a BT approved garage to have the work done, which they will pay for.

Thing is, looking at the pictures I've just taken, can this be fixed to a good standard??

I'm a little worried that its going to be written off :(

Please see the pics attached, any advice / feedback greatly appreciated.

Listerine & Poledo
If it costs more than 800-odd quid to do, that may get written off

EDIT: Ahhh, yes, what Gally says, he knows

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Easy peasy mate. Get a copy of the estimate BEFORE it's repaired. If it's not down to blend the front door ask why.

Shouldn't cost them a lot to have it repaired at their own garage. Makes it easier to claim as well. Good luck with it mate.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Easy peasy mate. Get a copy of the estimate BEFORE it's repaired. If it's not down to blend the front door ask why.

Shouldn't cost them a lot to have it repaired at their own garage. Makes it easier to claim as well. Good luck with it mate.

Thank you all for the comments.

Just got off the phone to them now and they should be coming to collect it in the next day or two. They'll also pay for National car hire while they have my car.

Ill be sure to ask about the front door blend too.

Thanks again chaps!

Any more comments welcome.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah of course but because of the contract it will be a cheap repair for them. No hassle for the OP either going back and forth with estimates and phone calls etc..

Honda. Tesla Someday
So after they take the car you think I should say "give me a call with the work to be carried out before actually doing the work"?

Thanks again

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, before commencing repairs call them and ask them to break down the estimate to you. :) See if your happy.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Glad some people own up :)

LoL too true! I was in a state of shock when he walked in to the office and asked whose car it was! I just couldn't be angry at him because he was so honest!

Top bloke - I guess decent people still exist!!