ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Various problems I'd like a second opinion on

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
Recently got a Mk1 1.4 RT (N Reg), so far has been a decent temporary run around. Although theres a few little things I want to get sorted.

Knocking from the engine when you accelerate, its a single knock and then doesn't do it again till you let off, then accelerate again. I presume this is an engine mount? (I've had a look at the stickes), where is the best place to get a new mount?

Grinding at full lock. Only occurs when on absolute full lock, and when moving - so I presume the wheels are grinding (they don't look like standard wheels - they don't seem to have any information on them). A linked problem I'm presuming is when I get upto around 70mph I get a fair ammount of rumble through the steering wheel. Could the tracking be off? If so a friend of mine mentioned something about KwikFit doing free checks or something? Anyone know much about this? Wheres the cheapest place to get my tracking set - failing that is it ever common to bend a control arm on Clios (fairly new to Clios but fairly knowlegable with cars) :)

Cheers for the replies :)

M

monkeyman103

Where you based. Pro tyre have got a top notch machine for tracking. Really accurate. Think they got a few over the country.Cost me about 20 quid to get my checked and adjusted.

mk1 phase 2 hybrid :-)
i would say your knockin is the dog bone mount on the back of the gearbox you can get a new one from gsf for lik 10-20 and easy to fit! only two 16mm bolts just need a jack.

Mk1 Renault Clio RT 1.4
I'm based Notts and Brum (depending on the day, lol). Will have a google about. Cheers for confirming what I thought, lol.

BTW - What is the correct offset etc. for wheels on a Mk1 Clio, I have found a few sites saying different things :S

EDIT: What is the part number for GSF for the part I need? Closest thing I could find is R31110 but thats Gearbox mount?

1.2 16v
yeah things like that i would recommend a main dealer and are not usually that dear,but would definitely get the mount from renault!