ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very annoyed!!!

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Im a bit irritated now - just had a quick blast with my mates Saxo VTR and my 19 16v.

His has only got a de-cat and induction kit - mines just got induction. It took me till 4th gear, then i only ever so slowly started to go past.

I cant be doin with bein the same as a VTR!! What can i do to increase power, or at least to bring it in a bit sooner? - the damn power band on valvers is ridiculous!

Would a de-cat free it up at lower revs a bit?

Think a bit of head work & cams might be called for soon!

sure ya gotta valver mate? lol but nah seriously, dont think thats right? ive gotta 1.4 rt and have beaten VTRs in that? and if not beaten kept up pretty easily?

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Lol

I took it to about 6900 in the first 3 gears - then ran out of road!

Im just very confused as to how this has possibly happened?!?!?!?!!!!

& I cant let it happen again!

So more power??? De-cat??????

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

His saxo has the newer engine.

Ill give him respect, it is quick for a VTR - ive been in it.

My 19s running as it should be. Just its dead slow until you get into that blummin power band!

I managed to keep up with the old VTRs in my old RT too.

gotta decate on my rt and made it rev much better so imagine would be the same on the valver. . pulls harder on mine lower down . .

have you serviced your cat lately? that could be a good bet if not . .

oh and its the older VTRs that iv beaten , can pretty easily keep up with the newer ones and thats just with full system k-tec exhaust, de-cat and induction kit.
[Edited by rt_racer on 9/18/2004 11:51:40 PM]

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Cars not been serviced for quite a while i imagine - shouldnt make that much difference surely though?

I thought they were more VTS pace too!!

This is a 19 were talking about by the way - not a clio. But on the road theyre meant to be virtually identical performance wise, only difference being the 19 has nearly 100kg more & a different final gear ratio.

hmmm , get it serviced mate . . i did with my little rt awhile back as it was struggling to lose 1.1s and as it rolled out the garage it was sooo much quicker! was so shocked as to how much difference it made.

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

What we talkin?

Plugs, leads, dizzy cap & rotor arm. Oil flush and change.

Air filter, oil filter, fuel filter.

Anything ive missed that should be done?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Stick the airbox back on, fit a decent pannel filter and good air feed. Also a decat will free up around around 5bhp, very worth while!