ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very cheap 172 with circlip popped

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i would, but i just cant be assed breaking cars anymore, its definately worth alot more in parts, but if i was going to do that then it would be less effort to change the box.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
1500 mate, i expect it will go for slightly more than that, recently one with a blown engine a year older went for £1800

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Focus ST225, Focus E
This yours then midge?

How much is a box for a 1*2 these days?

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Whole forum is, so it will go for £2000 now.

According to the bible of car breakers its worth £1000 in its present condition :eek:

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Track 172cup
well it's only at £670 and 90% of people watching it won't actually put in a bid so you never know, most people on here should know how much a fully running 172 would go for nowdays anyway so should put that into perspective

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
only 15 watchers, it doesnt need a whole box, i had this happen on my hybrid and had the clip welded in by someone who wasnt an idiot, that box has out lived 4 engines, including a 280bhp high boost conversion, and its still in my hybrid now! 02 reg 172's go for around 2200-2800. If you know someone who can weld properly then it will cost you less than a tenner to have this car fixed, i just keep being let down and then when a guy does turn up to weld it he does a very bad job

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
people are instantly sceptical if its a 'cheap' fix then why hasnt the poster carried it out.

Ok people can be busy or just sickened by it, however a £10 repair or lose £1,200 or more off the cars actual value?

Seems retarded to me.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If the nob head was acutally going to come and get the car, looks like im going to end up fixing it.

Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good eld ebay.

As I say the industry bible offered just over £1,100 for it in busted condition.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im going to change the box, put it back on oe wheels, then it will be back for sale for around £2200