ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

veyron vids

got rust?
veyron-20-07-07.jpg

http://germancarscene.com/2007/07/20/rusty-veyron/

has there every been a time set round the ring with the veyron? i would think it could do it close to very low 7 mins

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
I love these kind of arguments.

I always have them with the lads, as im one that has more of an interest in presteige (sp) cars, id aspire to own a ferrari/lambo/aston type car, than a jap tuner etc.

Yes, there maybe cars out there that can beat it in speed, 0-60, handling etc, but usually only by someone who actually knows how to drive a car properly and knows how to get the most of it.

The Veyron is far more technically advance, the Traction Control systems will allow even the poorest of drivers get alot of pace out of the car, i imagine these jap cars, the scc whatever it is an absolute pig to drive, dangerous on the limit, uncomfortable, noisy, poor build quality and above all dangerous.

They Veyron, is more than just about all out speed, its about style, exclusivity, presteige, and above all all pure luxury and class.

It can do almost everything that Dodge demon thing can do, everything the ssc can do, but will carry you along in rolls royce comfort and luxury, and id place a high wager on its quicker round a track than that dodge, have you seen how much its all over the place.

I know which car id be driving anyways.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
There are some cars which will do 0-60 Faster than the Veyron, Some that do the 1/4 Mile Faster and some which can break the 254mph but not 1 car that can do it all, So for that matter the Veyron is the King of Cars!!

pardon? i believe this car beats it in all things you have said.
http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1886&alph=all&dec=ALL

Taken from that Webpage - ACTUAL wind tunnel testing has proven the Ultimate Aero not only stable at speeds of 250 mph plus, but capable of speeds up to 273 mph.

WIND TUNNEL TESTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes wind tunnel testing are what all companys do.and it has done over the veyron top speed i believe.it has the power, it has the gearing. and wind tunnel testing says its possible.can u guess what the next thing is to do?? thats it , DO IT.. now days they do things with computers and wind tunnels to see what the car is capable of.then they test it. are simple things like these so hard ot believe?

and all car company makes claims...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The Vayron has done it so bring this car back into the Argument once it has broken the 254mph on real tarmac in the real world!!

I always have them with the lads, as im one that has more of an interest in presteige (sp) cars, id aspire to own a ferrari/lambo/aston type car, than a jap tuner etc.

Yes, there maybe cars out there that can beat it in speed, 0-60, handling etc, but usually only by someone who actually knows how to drive a car properly and knows how to get the most of it.

The Veyron is far more technically advance, the Traction Control systems will allow even the poorest of drivers get alot of pace out of the car, i imagine these jap cars, the scc whatever it is an absolute pig to drive, dangerous on the limit, uncomfortable, noisy, poor build quality and above all dangerous.

They Veyron, is more than just about all out speed, its about style, exclusivity, presteige, and above all all pure luxury and class.

It can do almost everything that Dodge demon thing can do, everything the ssc can do, but will carry you along in rolls royce comfort and luxury, and id place a high wager on its quicker round a track than that dodge, have you seen how much its all over the place.

yes i agree with most.and u would want it all for 1million.but the point is.the veyron isnt unbeatable in speed. as it was first posted.and some 2.3liter cars can beat it in some things...

it would be good to see some track times from the veyron.but for some reason they have never posted anything about its track times.

The Vayron has done it so bring this car back into the Argument once it has broken the 254mph on real tarmac in the real world!!

The American-built SSC Ultimate Aero TT is a supercar built by Shelby Super Cars (SSC) in order to rival the new Bugatti Veyron with speeds of over 250 mph (400 km/h) and a 0-60 mph time of 2.78 seconds (for the Ultimate Aero TT version). The company and vehicle are the brainchilds of Jerod Shelby, who spent over seven years designing the Aero. The car is the world's fastest production car at 256.15 mph (412.233 km/h), a speed reportedly achieved on September 13 2007 in West Richland, WA. The results of this test, verified by Guinness World Records on October 9 2007, gave the SSC Aero the world's fastest production car title

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSC_Aero

OWNED??????

Oh and GTTuning the Veyrons top speed is electrically limited, no tyre that will safely do repetative speeds over that.

Although they are working on a new version of it so I'm led to believe so watch this space.

A red missile
That chunk of s**t is American, show it a bend and it'll fling you in a ditch. I'll bet me nads a Veyron would blitz it on a track.

Oh and GTTuning the Veyrons top speed is electrically limited, no tyre that will safely do repetative speeds over that.

Although they are working on a new version of it so I'm led to believe so watch this space.

looking forward to it then.

That chunk of s**t is American, show it a bend and it'll fling you in a ditch. I'll bet me nads a Veyron would blitz it on a track.

yes the c6 zo6 doesnt handle very well.but true with alot of other american cars.they only like the straights.and they do that fast for 1/2 the price of supercars.

C250 AMG & 172 Cup

yes i agree with most.and u would want it all for 1million.but the point is.the veyron isnt unbeatable in speed. as it was first posted.and some 2.3liter cars can beat it in some things...

it would be good to see some track times from the veyron.but for some reason they have never posted anything about its track times.

True, ive never debated that it isnt unbeatable in speed, i think the whole speed arguement is never ending as technology is always moving forward, nothing will ever really be unbeatable.

But for an all round package, you must admit there isnt really anything else on the road that can offer everything that veyron does.

But yes i agree, there are faster things out there. Always will be, i do beleive there is a veyron in Saudi that has been tuned though to over 1200bhp? So that could be interesting.

The daddy for me personally is still the Mclaren F1.

£5million to make. and they sell them for 1million.good money maker there lol..

- They don't cost 5 million to make. That figure is taking into account 5+ years of production costs.

lol u think it cost 5million to develop a veyron?? jesus what do u smoke?there are a hell of alot of people who say things they know nothing about here.all it takes is a little research and u would see that.

a normal car costs millions todevelop. so a veyron would of cost a hell of alot more. they dont just say heres a bit of paper. build that.

http://www.nakedcleaner.com/2006/03/15/how-much-does-the-veyron-cost/

veyOWNed LOL

Bumder With A Buffer
Well when i was working on developing the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System that the Bugatti uses (so i can say i help manufacture the Veyron!!) there was an "unlimited" budget for that part of it.... 3 years later they had spent over 10 million alone on that part of the car (including engine ECU) development.

One of the test guys from Bugatti once made a comment to us "We have an unlimited budget for developing this"

Various
i do feel i am,

altho he did say if he won the lottery he would only but a evo 400 and a supercharged rangrover sport lol.

aslo he thinks because vw own everything these days that if he gets another golf its like he owns a bentley/veyron/audi all rolled into one

Considering Porsche own 30% of VW and are currently bidding to take control of the company then i guess he's wrong.

Sounds like he is either trying to winde you up or is just thick as pig 5hit, you choose.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
To be fair the fact it cost so much to make makes me admire it more. Just think how good every other car could be, But budgets stopped it?

Their Goal was to build the ultimate car, And that was their only criteria, There was no specified budget, No limits. The end result was the ultimate car. Period.

The cars that are going up against the Veryon amuse me. That SSC for example, You are telling me it is even in the position to compete with the knowledge and more importantly budget of VAG?

Fact is, The money wasn't an issue for the manufacturer. They pulled out all the stops, And the end result is simply astonishing.

Its like Renault Saying, we coulld have made th the 182 282bhp, But we didnt want to spend any more money.

VW just said, What you need anopther £50,000 for the dustcaps?, Fine in fact no f**k it , Have £75,000.

That makes the car so special to me. Thast why it is the ultimate.

Mondeo ST220
- They don't cost 5 million to make. That figure is taking into account 5+ years of production costs.

lol u think it cost 5million to develop a veyron?? jesus what do u smoke?there are a hell of alot of people who say things they know nothing about here.all it takes is a little research and u would see that.

a normal car costs millions todevelop. so a veyron would of cost a hell of alot more. they dont just say heres a bit of paper. build that.

http://www.nakedcleaner.com/2006/03/15/how-much-does-the-veyron-cost/

veyOWNed LOL

Don't think he was saying it cost £5 million to develop, design and plan.

^ who knows what he ment. but it cost more to build then what they are selling it for. thats the point i was trying to make.

as has been said they had as much money as they wanted to spend on it no limits.and i dont think they is going to be another company to so the same as they have done.for over all package.

1) You're an idiot.

2) I'm not dignifying your comments by replying to them.

1) haha well u have no clue what you are talking about.if u make a comment back it up with some info.but untill then just think you right without having a clue what your talking about.

2) you still have no clue.

Clio wannabe
Well when i was working on developing the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System that the Bugatti uses (so i can say i help manufacture the Veyron!!) there was an "unlimited" budget for that part of it.... 3 years later they had spent over 10 million alone on that part of the car (including engine ECU) development.

One of the test guys from Bugatti once made a comment to us "We have an unlimited budget for developing this"

Richy

Did you get to go out in the Bugatti when you were devoloping it ??

Can you get hold of the tyre monitoring systems ??

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
1) You're an idiot.

2) I'm not dignifying your comments by replying to them.

1) haha well u have no clue what you are talking about.if u make a comment back it up with some info.but untill then just think you right without having a clue what your talking about.

2) you still have no clue.

55 posts and your a genius already,i take my hat off to you.

What exactly do you know about the veyron budget that we dont

I know sod all if that helps,but big car makers like VW write everything off as tax and as part of a development,so you could say the veyron cost nothing if they used the VW golf profits over the years to fund it.Its chump change tbh

im not saying i know it all. but what i have said i have backed up with links and info on it. not just making wild claims . like many others on here. only to get shot down with the real facts.

what do i know that u lot dont? look at all the claims what was made. and the links i posted showing what was true.

lmao. and yer i guess when u have 7k posts on a clio site.that take u to the next level and you become a genius? im far from it.but posting on a forum doesnt make u a genius.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
All you have backed up is that some people have fast cars and they need re-building every 3 weeks to do what the veyron does for 100k

All you have backed up is that some people have fast cars and they need re-building every 3 weeks to do what the veyron does for 100k

read it again then. there are other things also. like the price it costs to build, there is faster production cars out there.like the aero ssc and other things.

but oh well not need to keep trolling lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

read it again then. there are other things also. like the price it costs to build, there is faster production cars out there.like the aero ssc and other things.

but oh well not need to keep trolling lol

These other cars are not in the same field as a veyron though.They are glorified kit cars for want of some better words,
The veyron was built as a test exercise to see how far they could go.

And as i said earlier ,so much so that ferrari is going back to the drawing board and making small lightweight cars in there next generation.They know they will never beat the veyron

well as was said at the start and during this thread. ''nothing is faster then a veyron''. when a good few times its been proved there is.weather its a kit car or not.there faster.thats what this was about.nothing about luxury side of thigns..its never been in doubt in the luxury side of things the veyron would win it. as no other company would make a car like the veyron for the huge loss it has.