ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Veyron vs Yamaha R1

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Not really into bikes, so wouldnt know, but nobody has stated otherwise on the webpage?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Regardless of what people say the Veyron is quicker than a F1 car in a straight line and seen as 5th gear did the bike v's F1 thing then i'd say the veyron would win.The R1 is not mahoosivley faster than an R6 anyway

ian

cup 182 mit stripes
On a point to point race on normal A roads' an experienced, fearless biker[like me] would win every time.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
On a point to point race on normal A roads' an experienced, fearless biker[like me] would win every time.

So how come fearless superbikers can only lap the same times as the porsche cup series cars,nevermind F1

ian

Cup'd Monaco 172

So how come fearless superbikers can only lap the same times as the porsche cup series cars,nevermind F1

ian

Roughly speaking. Bikes are faster than cars around a track until the car starts using downforce, which you simply can't fit on to a bike. On road it varies, depending surface.

Evo have done various tests.

Cars are better in the rain.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Is the Porsche cup series run on public roads Ian?

No mensa champ its on a track.
We are talking about speed ,not how stupid are you on a bike on public roads.
Proper figures,not pub talk.

Sure a bike will get from a-b quicker because they can skip in and out of traffic.

ian

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Even the Carrera GT Struggles to keep up with the Veryon, quite and amzing piece of kit.

The bike if it was an R1 should of been able to keep the veryon honest bearing in mind the power to weight ratio

cup 182 mit stripes
Non bikers have no conception of the mind blowing power and adrenalin rush a bike like the R1 or GSXR 1000 gives you. Bikes win and not cos ''they can skip in and out of traffic''.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Oh im sorry,i forgot you have a veyron as a daily driver,just to compare the awsome bike too..lol

ian

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
No thanks,i like my legs.
1% of traffic is bikes and they account for 15% of all road accidents,ive lost count the ammount of times that the culling season starts in north wales when im on my way to barmouth from telford each summer.
Thanks for the offer though

ian

Monaco 172 2/468
Wow great clip, I don't think i've seen anything take off like that before on a road, considering how quick that bike will be accelerating too :D

Yaris Hybrid
In terms of 0-150mph acceleration the Veyron and a modern R1 or any of the 1000cc sportsbikes post identical times. The R1 may even be a tenth or two up.

Bear in mind the former does it with computer controlled 4WD, traction control and launch control where as the other is fully manual 1WD. You can therefore stick your gran in a Veyron and she will produce the same figures as the Bugatti test driver. Meanwhile two bikers of opposing skill levels will either just edge out the Veyron or produce a mediocre time similar to that of an Evo etc.

As for the R1 not being massively quicker than an R6....you must be joking!!!! It is a huge step up! The person that said that read my posting in an earlier thread where I pointed out that the latest R6 is barely any slower than the first R1's. If you compare bikes of the same generation though the gap is huge.

I posted a lengthy and pretty definitive explanation of the bike v car thing with links to supporting magazine articles on this page ages ago:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201323&page=5&highlight=Veyron+R1

Last edited:
  MCS R56
Even the Carrera GT Struggles to keep up with the Veryon, quite and amzing piece of kit.

The bike if it was an R1 should of been able to keep the veryon honest bearing in mind the power to weight ratio

Maybe up to 150mph. After that, R1 is toast. The GT was always going to struggle to keep up.

MCS R56
i thought r1's are fast it was no where near either of them super cars lol

Ha ha ha ha.....you thought they were fast? I hope you get a chance to try one. You will leave a jobby trail the length of the M1 and go crying back to Momma's house to get cleaned.

Yaris Hybrid
The fact still remains that they should be side by side to 150. This was not the case in that video which raises some questions about what exactly was going on and how much you should read into it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
regardless

That video at that time shows the veyron to be fast as hell.A superbike cant keep up with an F1 car in a straight line,and seen as the veyron is quicker than that its simply what you see.
Ive lost count of the various 1000bhp skyline vids ive seen of cars beating bikes.......

ian

DUB mk2 golf gti!
give the bikes credit tho! its not like there little specs in the distance! the bike kinda stays with it! and for about 6k i wouldnt complain!:evil:

182FF c/w Recaros
On the previous post about this some time back there was quite a lot of discussion over whether it was indeed an R1 or not.

I don't know much about bikes but from the clip, I have my doubts that it is one.

Either that or the bike rider aitn giving it the full beans lol.

Yaris Hybrid
regardless

That video at that time shows the veyron to be fast as hell.A superbike cant keep up with an F1 car in a straight line,and seen as the veyron is quicker than that its simply what you see.
Ive lost count of the various 1000bhp skyline vids ive seen of cars beating bikes.......

ian

The TGV train has a higher top speed than an F1 car and a Veyron (over 300mph in testing). It is not really "quicker" though is it?

My advice: forget everything you have seen/heard on Top Gear or youtube and never again repeat any of it as if it is fact!

A Veyron is NOT quicker than an F1 car. It is not quicker to 60, it is not quicker to 100, it is not quicker to 150 and it is not quicker over a standing quarter or around any closed circuit. Indeed the Veyron is not even quicker than a budget A1GP car under those circumstances. A well known TV personality of dubious sexuality with a taste for Bentleys and Fiat Pandas may see things differently but I wouldn't take much notice of him.

It is a bit like saying that a Vauxhall Vectra GSI is quicker than a Caterham Superlight R500. It has a higher top speed but... you get the point!

Yaris Hybrid
I believe it is an R1.

R6:

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007\02\14\bikepics-801019-full.jpg

R1:

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2007\01\28\bikepics-784405-full.jpg

Match those up with the video. Just how hard/well it is being ridden and at what speed they are going is another matter that is very much up for question. Remember you can't use full throttle on these bikes until you get into three figure speeds so you tend to er on the side of caution and actually accelerate slower than on a no-brainer 600 where you just keep it pinned. I also suspect that the bike is being used purely as a camera platform. Heck it could even have a pillion onboard for all we know!

Reminds me of the comments in the Lambo thread in other marques about the Lambos turning up and only running 15's on the quarter...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
regardless

ian

The TGV train has a higher top speed than an F1 car and a Veyron (over 300mph in testing). It is not really "quicker" though is it?

My advice: forget everything you have seen/heard on Top Gear or youtube and never again repeat any of it as if it is fact!

A Veyron is NOT quicker than an F1 car. It is not quicker to 60, it is not quicker to 100, it is not quicker to 150 and it is not quicker over a standing quarter or around any closed circuit. Indeed the Veyron is not even quicker than a budget A1GP car under those circumstances. A well known TV personality of dubious sexuality with a taste for Bentleys and Fiat Pandas may see things differently but I wouldn't take much notice of him.

It is a bit like saying that a Vauxhall Vectra GSI is quicker than a Caterham Superlight R500. It has a higher top speed but... you get the point!

Sorry,i just saw the vid of the guy on the bike giving it 13k in the revs and now he wasnt going for it.

When evo took the veyron abroad with the porsche GT,the enzo and the zonda it left them all for dead,even in the twistys,
But hey ill ignore 70 years experience in journalism and listen to you.
Why have i bean so stupid...lol

ian

MKIII 138
left a pGT in the twisties ? the GT is takes that bend flatter than ive seen any road car do and the speeds were quite high the veyron muddles its way through them then uses the hammer of thor power levels to crush things on a straigh line.

Yaris Hybrid
Ian, no need for you to be nasty, it is just hard to explain! If you put down the cash to cover it you could have a go on my bike! You are welcome to rev it to 13k rpm and see the difference between using 50% throttle, 75% throttle and 100% throttle!

100% throttle does not look like that video! It can look like the inside of an ambulance.

You need to break out of the performance car mindset where once you get over 50mph you can hit full throttle and just sit there watching the rev counter rise. These things need sensitive throttle control well into 3 figure speeds otherwise they wheel spin or flip.

Clarkson was sh*tting himself in the Veyron was he not? All he had to do was steer whilst computers did the rest. It had airbags, crumple zones, loads of grip and 550bhp per tonne. Now imagine if he had been on a bike with no protection, no computers, 1050bhp per tonne and about an 8th of the grip.

Using full revs is easy. But balancing the throttle is hard whilst you are accelerating that fast. Try playing Gran Turismo on a PSP whilst riding on Nemesis at Alton Towers or something - albeit if you crash in the game the ride will come of the rails and you will die.

Do you see what I mean? Five or so seconds to 100mph doesn't give you much time to think about what is going on and control the throttle. Hence why 600's can keep up with 1000's on duel carriageways. The 600 can be kept pinned but the guy on the 1000 is thinking "how much more can I open the throttle".

Combine all that with looking for slow cars in the inside lane at massive closing speeds, hanging on for dear life, your eyes being pushed back into your head etc etc. Could you extract 100% performance out of it? In a Veyron we both could, on a 1000cc bike we aren't good enough.

I still don't buy the "Veyron is quicker than an F1 car" myth. Sure it has a higher top speed but only because F1 cars are geared for each circuit and have massive downforce. Remove the downforce and gear the reatios for a huge run, and I'm sure an F1 car could reach 250mph? Also, sure an F1 car is couple of hundred bhp down on the Veyron, but it also weighs about a 3rd as much!

I'd like to see an F1 car with Monaco gearing, dragging a Veyron to the ton. Bye bye Veyron. Some of you listen to Jeremy Clarkson a bit too much ;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Toypop.Sorry not being nasty and i totally agree with what you say about bikes and the whole 75% throttle thing.
I'm just a petrolhead and hope that for once the veyron is the car to do the bikes.
What happens after 120mph on a bike.Ive heard that due to weight and stuff the bikes harder to press on and it does'nt go very fast say after 150mph.
Maybe the bikes are doing over 100+mph when the veyron goes.This may explain why the veyron appears so fast as it still has loads to go

ian