ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibrating noises

Bevo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi everyone,

My Clio 182 rattles around 3000rpm, sounds like the speakers and the stereo but constantly changes. I don't know how to fix this, do i just need to put up with it.

I've tried putting screws in the front speaker passenger side but I cant find any that fit. But it seems to be the center console too?

Apparently the last owner fitted upgraded engine mounts to keep the engine tighter, anyone know if this improves the car or is it worth going back to originals.
I believe this is why the car is vibrating so much.
If i go back to original mounts will the car still rattle?

Appreciate the help!

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
They all rattle to a greater or lesser extent, but uprated mounts ( common ones to fit are upper engine mount and lower gearbox mount) will make it much worse. On the plus side, the uprated mounts make a much more direct connection between the road and engine so the car feels more responsive. They also make the gear change less sloppy.

Bevo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the reply,

Can you explain to me how they make the engine feel more responsive and direct response?

Also can I stop the rattling? Could I put felt under certain parts ie the passenger side?

Also why are all the vibrations on one side do you think i should check the engine for a root cause as whenever I fix one rattle another seems to pop up, i've started putting blue tac on the parts that rattle as i can only hear them when driving... at this rate my whole cabin will be blue!!

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Have a read of this:

Have you got any pictures of the engine mounts?
As for stopping the rattling, you're on the right track, people hve used self adhesive rubber strips as well.

Bevo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Have a read of this:

Have you got any pictures of the engine mounts?
As for stopping the rattling, you're on the right track, people hve used self adhesive rubber strips as well.
Oh that makes sense ?!
The gear box feels very tight and easy to use which I wasn’t expecting from a 15 year old car.

I want to use rubber strips to fix it but the issue isI don’t know where to put them? Since thecar seems to rattle in weird places.
ie the side of the center console or the top of the glove box.

If I push on them it stops though. Any ideas of a fix ?

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
No, to be honest if i knew mine would be a lot quieter! All i can recommend is to remove the rattly trim and make sure all the bits of hard ware are in place and there's no odd bits of wiring loose behind.

Bevo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
No, to be honest if i knew mine would be a lot quieter! All i can recommend is to remove the rattly trim and make sure all the bits of hard ware are in place and there's no odd bits of wiring loose behind.
Thanks for this mate

I’m new to this whole forum thing, if I takephotos of my car and then lost all my issues how can I assure I’ll get good respires. How can I build up a good following base idk how this all works

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Rattling is a standard feature on the mk2 Clio just turn the stereo up is the only solution I’ve found.

Bevo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Rattling is a standard feature on the mk2 Clio just turn the stereo up is the only solution I’ve found.
Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing.
weirdky it’s only at 3000RPM so if I drive sensitive it’s fine or if I go for it again fine. Is it worth taking the dash out and rubber pinning EVERYTHING?!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing.
weirdky it’s only at 3000RPM so if I drive sensitive it’s fine or if I go for it again fine. Is it worth taking the dash out and rubber pinning EVERYTHING?!

Your call but I wouldn't bother it will only start rattling somewhere else, its never going to be that refined.