ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration from Engine after fitting dogbone bush !!!

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Hi guys

i fitted a poly dogbone bush when i fitted my RS192 exhaust as the standard bush looked alittle slack, however ever since this under acceleration (5k kick) a strange vibration comes from the engine through the floor / foot wells.
i had my mechanic look at it and he says the bush is too strong and the engine has no room to now move and this is were this vibration is coming from.

has anyone come across this and whats my best fix, standard bush back in? or poly bush the rest of the engine mounts to suit? or will this be stiffer again!!

any advise welcome guys as this noise is really anoying and stopping me from driving the car anything above 4k (maybe not a bad thing lol)

cheers steve

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
There is a correct way and wrong way of fitting the bush

Have the car on the ramp and wiggle the manifold and other parts see if there hitting

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Used to get this when fitting poly bushes to V6 Vectra engines. As the polybush mount is stiffer, you feel more vibration through the car, as the engine doesn't have as much room to "move" under load, like it does on a standard rubber bush.
Get it checked out, but if it's fitted correctly, I'd expect slightly more vibration anyway.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Save starting a new thread..

My mate has just fitted a polybushed dogbone to my Ph1, Was knocking so he loosened the top engine mount and pulled the engine forward. Its a bit better but still vibrates.

Any ideas just to give him a heads up before he attacks it again tomorrow.

Clio 172 Cup
Tried losening topmount and pulling the lump forward?

This was a suggestion i read on here before fitting my dogbone mount with the same polybush. Take the battery out and loosed the 4 bolts around the mount and pull the whole engine forward. Great cure.