ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

vibration?

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
hi guys, over the last week i have developed a weird vibration. it sounds like a cross between the brake pads being worn and the wheel bearing going. however both have been checked and all bearings are ok with no play in them whatsoever. it stops if i turn left and gets worse if it turn right. it also gets bad under breaking. the discs are not warped. i have been to a garage and they cant seem to know what it is. any ideas? thanks

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
sounds very much like a bearing if you get it when turning 1 way, u sure they are ok? how did u check them?

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
i have replaced the bearing on the front right wheel i can feel it through my right foot. any chance it could be somewhere else with it sounding and feeling like my front right wheel bearing?

Breaking A 172 Replica
It is the wheel bolts me thinks.

Give them a good tighten up.

It will the be the left hand front wheel I reckon.

Sam

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
thanks, done everything i can think of. Everything is tightened. still doing it. i think it must be something simple but i can think of anything else. i have jacke dup the entire car and there is no play in any of the wheels, bearings, no rubbing.
any other ideas greatly appreciated. thanks