ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibration

Ive suddenly developed a vibration on the car. On the overrun, there is a heavy vibration coming through everywhere (steering wheel, pedals, dashboard) that sort of feels like a wheel out of balance but much heavier.
It also happens in reverse when Im going up the drive, and sounds like the engine knocking.

When I put the clutch in, and when im pressing the accelerator its fine. Oil pressure is good.

Anybody got any ideas? Im thinking it might be gearbox again but I havent thrashed this one so much. Also could a driveshaft be bent? I havent had time to look as ive been working 6-6.

See ya

Matt

Usually on downshift the exhaust and engine movs more, my exhaust rattles slightl on downshift, i woudl check exhxaust clearence, esp towards the block, and chekc the engine mounts at the same time, see how much the engine moves in the bay when you are reving it stood still.

Does the gearsticvk move when you come on/go off the power?

The engine is dead tight, as this was the first thing I checked (happened to me before). The exhaust rattles a bit on the centre section heat shield, but thats it.

This is just a big vibration, the steering wheel wobbles, the gearstick vibrates and the pedals vibrate, and it is easily felt and heard. It only occurs when I let off the accelerator in gear, and when im reversing at all times (but much slower vibrations).

See ya

Matt