ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

video of k-tec stealth with decat.

PH1 172
was bored today so thought i would take a quick video.

Last edited by a moderator:
  PH1 172
it is the twin box stealth, on the motorway its perfect, cruise at 70mph and you can talk to your passenger fine, im tempted to go for a straight through centre section though. i miss the rasp of my pugsport

172 cup
Taking the silencer out of the centre doesn't make a kTech raspy at all, just boomy. Leave it as it is :)

PH1 172
Taking the silencer out of the centre doesn't make a kTech raspy at all, just boomy. Leave it as it is :)

see thats why im in 2 minds.. i dont want to do it them it not be raspy.. but then again i dont want to go for a oreca zorst as i do trackdays and dont want to be turned away because of noise limits, the stealth has got a little more raspy with the decat which is nice

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
ive got a 2.5 decat back straight through and it sounds totally different to that vid^

Ive got s k-tec stealth aswell with a 182 mani & link pipe/decat & no middle box, its very quiet normal driving till you open it up & it sounds perfect not boomy at all so get your middle box out lol

j26

Clio 197
i have had the centre silencer taken out of my ktec stealth today and it sounds relly raspy under hard acceleration, bit of a drone on m'way tho between 70-80mph

PH1 172
does anyone have any videos of a supersports ktec stealth (no midle silencer) with a decat, i want to try it but dont want it to be boomy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
does anyone have any videos of a supersports ktec stealth (no midle silencer) with a decat, i want to try it but dont want it to be boomy.[/QUOTE

Ive got a ktec stealth with centre silencer removed and its decatted. To be honest it is droney on motorways. But i dont do much motorway driving so thats cool.

Dan

Evo 8 MR
that sounds to me like the pipes inside the backbox have been removed..

its a right fucked up design inside the stealth, the air has to pretty much come back on its self inside the back box

That's perfectly normal, all backboxes are like that. It's to reduce noise and create a bit of back pressure.

does anyone have any videos of a supersports ktec stealth (no midle silencer) with a decat, i want to try it but dont want it to be boomy.

It'll sound exactly the same only a smidge louder from the outside but considerably louder on the inside.