ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video's of v6 airbox on cliosport ? ? ?

n/a
Before i order mine from renault i was wondering if any one has any videos of their v6 box on a cliosport please ? ? ? :eek:

n/a
so they're like stealth? i have kindly recieved some pics of greeny172 (legend) lol but i wanted to hear it before i spend 65 on the filter.

Tbh when I had one on my cup it felt a little bit better, maybe a bit more responsive. That was with a ph1 ITG filter inside it though. It really depends where you put the cold air feed for it I guess, I took my fuel rail guard off and located the CAF to the top grill pretty much forcing the air in whilst driving... But seeing as you have aircon you may not be able to route it that way. The best thing i'd do in all fairness is get an uprated panel filter for your airbox, and save your pennies for a set of matched inlets. That will be the best £150 you can spend on the induction side of your engine! :)

n/a
mmmmh intresting thought on the matched inlets, but im still intrested in getting a v6 box because i've heard and read nothing but good things about it although i would love to get a simota for the sound because it sounds wicked!

All induction kits just make it feel more responsive / rev more freely. Maybe a few BHP.

£150, sounds like a good medium priced induction kit. No much point in spending any more for the sake of a few BHP, save the money for the better "Power Adders" :)

Evo 6, E92 320d
All induction kits just make it feel more responsive / rev more freely. Maybe a few BHP.

£150, sounds like a good medium priced induction kit. No much point in spending any more for the sake of a few BHP, save the money for the better "Power Adders" :)

Not quite that simple, an open cone will sound great, but will infact loose power on these cars in most cases.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Tbh when I had one on my cup it felt a little bit better, maybe a bit more responsive. That was with a ph1 ITG filter inside it though. It really depends where you put the cold air feed for it I guess, I took my fuel rail guard off and located the CAF to the top grill pretty much forcing the air in whilst driving... But seeing as you have aircon you may not be able to route it that way. The best thing i'd do in all fairness is get an uprated panel filter for your airbox, and save your pennies for a set of matched inlets. That will be the best £150 you can spend on the induction side of your engine! :)

Shame we cant do that airfeed on non cupped 172's :(

A brand new Renault filter I think would have sod all difference over an ITG, it would just need to be changed more often to retain the flow.

For £65 you cant go wrong with it tbh, its proven to be better than the standard ph2 172/182 setup, ill be able to give you a bhp/torque increase figure when i get my car back on the rollers next month. A panel filter will be around £40 new, plus the postage you have nearly bought the V6 box with a brand new standard filter in, which you can change when it gets tired.

Also from our previous RR day of 20+ RS Clios, all of the top performers bar one I think had either a V6 box or a ph1 172 box, which if you didnt know are basicly the same thing but the ph1 box has 2 small feeds and the V6 has one single 105mm daddy feed.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If you watch this shameless ASW video loud and through headphones you can hear the V6 airbox as I floor mine towards the camera a few times (best is at 1:50), I think it sounds mint.

Along with removing the power steering, fitting this improved my RR figures at Surrey RR by 10bhp...so about 3bhp from this airbox with my upper front grill CAF pickup (the same as Nick172Cup) is a good estimate. Charlie let me rotate the airbox while it was on the rollers so we did a back-to-back run with no CAF and it drawing air from behind the NS headlight for comparison, the curve was all over the place for the last 1,000 rpm. It needs a good feed.

[youtube]lUDzcayF3Qc[/youtube]

Shame we cant do that airfeed on non cupped 172's :(

A brand new Renault filter I think would have sod all difference over an ITG, it would just need to be changed more often to retain the flow.

For £65 you cant go wrong with it tbh, its proven to be better than the standard ph2 172/182 setup, ill be able to give you a bhp/torque increase figure when i get my car back on the rollers next month. A panel filter will be around £40 new, plus the postage you have nearly bought the V6 box with a brand new standard filter in, which you can change when it gets tired.

Also from our previous RR day of 20+ RS Clios, all of the top performers bar one I think had either a V6 box or a ph1 172 box, which if you didnt know are basicly the same thing but the ph1 box has 2 small feeds and the V6 has one single 105mm daddy feed.

I agree that the airbox is a very good induction setup, not disputing that as I had one myself! Though I ran a brand new standard filter and then an brand new ITG filter for it, and the ITG imho felt less restrictive and free revving, and also gave a really small induction noise. I just feel for the money you spend, for a little bit more you could get a set of matched inlets which would make a huge difference in comparison to an air filter. Seeing as the OP has a 172, he probably would see quite a difference as I know I did!

n/a
cheers for the video dude! i was ment to order it this week but was way too busy! im actually torn between the v6 or the powertec mmmmmhh desicions desicions