ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

viper or bmc

S

silou

hi guys and girls,i want to get a induction kit for are mark 1 172. looking at a viper or bmc but open for different ideas like hills filter.ta

Skoda Fabia vRS

IMO id go for the hill power kit, as you need to modify the ECU so that it doesnt run lean top end with an induction kit, and Nick Hill knows how to do that

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Id be biased towards the BMC CDA as Ive just had one fitted to my 16v. Seems afew people at the midlands meet have had a CDA or Viper on their 172 so hopefully they can anser better than me as to which is best.

S2000

I used to have a BMC on my Mk1 172 with no fueling/ecu mods and it went like stink. Never had a viper though so dont know how that would compare.

BMW 320d Sport

I think the Viper is pretty much the same principle as the BMC. Just twice as expensive and more fancy looking. Id go for the BMC on a 172. The two 172s that I know who have them on both were definitely more powerful than standard - Waynes was quicker on the road, and Simons did blistering rolling road figures compared to other 172s.