ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin MAC code...

1.6 focus zetec....
Sorry for all the post's this morning asking for advice etc...

We want to change our broadband and phone to SKY as virgin are just piss takers and it hardly works most the time and our next door neighbour said he's on SKY and its the dogs... so we phoned up and they said we need a MAC code off virgin first.

Does this mean we'd have to cancel the broadband and phone with virgin first and they'd give us the MAC code or could we just phone up and ask for it??

Cheers again lads...

172 Cup
Just phone Virgin and ask for the MAC code. This is a code that's valid for 30 days (and then expires) which you need to give to your new ISP. You don't need to cancel anything as it's all done automatically if the code is used.

Edit - Oh and they are obliged to give it to you if requested so don't stand for any bullshit or excuses from them.

1.6 focus zetec....
Cheers griff... Thought we'd have to cancel first and be without the phone or internet until SKY came and set it up...

Thanks..

172 Cup
Just looking back, I was on autopilot before, is your current connection with Virgin cable or Virgin ADSL ?? (They offer both services)

Obviously if you're currently a cable customer then there's no need for a MAC code and you can simply place an order with Sky, assuming you have a BT line installed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just phone Virgin and ask for the MAC code. This is a code that's valid for 30 days (and then expires) which you need to give to your new ISP. You don't need to cancel anything as it's all done automatically if the code is used.

Edit - Oh and they are obliged to give it to you if requested so don't stand for any bulls**t or excuses from them.

LOL - so true. They normally biatch like a good 'un in giving you that information. Just ignore them and demand it. They have to give that info.

D.

1.6 focus zetec....
Just looking back, I was on autopilot before, is your current connection with Virgin cable or Virgin ADSL ?? (They offer both services)

Obviously if you're currently a cable customer then there's no need for a MAC code and you can simply place an order with Sky, assuming you have a BT line installed.

With virgin ADSL... Already had the bt phone line installed a few months ago. Will Sky have to come and fit a new connection or would i just use the virgin one?? I think it would have to be changed as the virgin connection is coming from a telewest box and not BT.

172 Cup

With virgin ADSL... Already had the bt phone line installed a few months ago. Will Sky have to come and fit a new connection or would i just use the virgin one?? I think it would have to be changed as the virgin connection is coming from a telewest box and not BT.

Sounds like you have cable not ADSL mate.

Edit - Just checked your IP address and you do indeed have cable. You don't need a MAC code as you're not migrating from one ADSL to another in this case.