ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media to Double Download Speeds

Tesla MP3 2021
Hopefully this investment will also include "beefing" up their network not just for raw d/l speeds but for accessibility for all its customers, so if they are offering 120Mbps, I want that most of the time not just for 2 hours a day!

Still a good move by VM.

BMW M135i
In response to Virgin Media's plans, BT said: "It is no surprise to see that Virgin are following our lead by doubling speeds.
"We announced we would do this for our fibre products last autumn and so they are trying to catch up with us."

LOL! I like that bit, poetic license a bit there.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Nice! Already happy with the 30Mb service, can't moan at 60Mb :p

Likewise....although does that mean the TiVo box will have a separate 20Mb connection (as it currently has its own 10Mb one now)?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hmm, probably not. As far I as understand, the TiVo connection is just one device, streaming one thing at any one time?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I pay for 50MB each month and i more or less get that if not better.

1.gif

Now Sold :-(
I pay for 50MB each month and i more or less get that if not better.

1.gif

LOL your upload speed is more than double my download.
BT are crunts. They made our exchange infinity compatible in October but there are still no confirmed plans to roll out the fibre optic cable so I can use it.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Anybody have throttling issues through utorrent at times? I know it's seeding dependant but with over 500 seeds sometimes it still struggles after I've been downloading for a while

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I got an email off VM yesterday saying they are doubling their speeds so i would be going from 50mb to 100mb . Very pleased with that news . This morning i've just received another email off them telling me to ignore their last email it was sent in error . WFT ?? Has anybody else had these emails ? One anouncing the increase then the other telling you to ignore it ?
virginmediaerror.jpg

Tesla MP3 2021
Anybody have throttling issues through utorrent at times? I know it's seeding dependant but with over 500 seeds sometimes it still struggles after I've been downloading for a while

VM have a traffic management policy which reduces the speed of P2P during certain times.

Tesla MP3 2021
I got an email off VM yesterday saying they are doubling their speeds so i would be going from 50mb to 100mb . Very pleased with that news . This morning i've just received another email off them telling me to ignore their last email it was sent in error . WFT ?? Has anybody else had these emails ? One anouncing the increase then the other telling you to ignore it ?
virginmediaerror.jpg

I got an email saying my current 100mb package will be upgraded to 120mb later in the year but my bill will go down in April to the current 50mb price.

Have a look on the VM forums re the second email you got.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I got an email saying my current 100mb package will be upgraded to 120mb later in the year but my bill will go down in April to the current 50mb price.

Have a look on the VM forums re the second email you got.

Just had a look . It appears that everyones speed will be doubled with no cost increase and 100mb IS going to receive upto another 20mb . So your gonna be charged the same as the people on 50mb but get 120mb ? That doesn't sound right ! There would be no point in paying for 50mb if that was the case . Time will tell eh . I don't even think VM know what they're doing lol .:eek:

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Just had a look . It appears that everyones speed will be doubled with no cost increase and 100mb IS going to receive upto another 20mb . So your gonna be charged the same as the people on 50mb but get 120mb ? That doesn't sound right ! There would be no point in paying for 50mb if that was the case . Time will tell eh . I don't even think VM know what they're doing lol .:eek:

Yeah that does seem bait odd tbh!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I just checked and I will be going to 100MB is April/June.

As I say I already have decent BB but 100MB+ speed will be well decent

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
march april for me too, im on 10mb but that does me jus nicely anyway so will be a nice bonus! sure it was 1mb when i first got it installed and then it got doubled a few times lol

VM can suck my left testical. Worst ISP ever. They should focus more on not over subscribing their services and actually concentrate on providing a decent service to their customers. Wish they would piss off with the willy waveing up to figures.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
VM can suck my left testical. Worst ISP ever. They should focus more on not over subscribing their services and actually concentrate on providing a decent service to their customers. Wish they would piss off with the willy waveing up to figures.

Never really had a problem with em . Been with em about 8 years now , way back on 128k modems lol . Out of that 8 years i can honestly say i've had about 5 days where the internet went down so can't complain really . Consistently get 48mb out of 50mb . 100mb yes please ! Happy days :D

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just had a letter from VM saying they're doubling my speed soon ( which i already knew ) then adding another 20mb . So i'll be going from 50mb to 120mb . Happy days ! :D

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Lol yeah back in the good old days of 56k modems and Napster . 1 song could take an hour or more lol . VM's always been good for me , with good reliablity . A 700mb film takes bugger all time to download now , but it'll be nice to have an extra 70mb on tap lol :D

182FF with cup packs
I must say quoets like this do make me laugh

I swear most peopel on this forum are to young to remember 56k modems..

Never mind the speed you used to get with them, how about the cost? These whippersnappers are complaining because they have to pay 20 or 30 quid a month and "only" getting 10mbit, I remember £4-500 a quarter phone bills from feeding my online Quake addiction.

I remember getting my first ISDN line installed, I thought that was the best thing since sliced bread, 128kbits, was awesome.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never mind the speed you used to get with them, how about the cost? These whippersnappers are complaining because they have to pay 20 or 30 quid a month and "only" getting 10mbit, I remember £4-500 a quarter phone bills from feeding my online Quake addiction.

I remember getting my first ISDN line installed, I thought that was the best thing since sliced bread, 128kbits, was awesome.

£4-500 a quarter . Mine used to average £200 a month . Nobody could ever ring me up haha