ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media

I've been with Virgin for years and have never changed my package, I've just kept paying the price increases and getting little extra for my money.

I remember back in the day that they were like mobile phone companies that if you call and threaten to leave that they offer you discounts, is that still the case?

I could do with updating my package anyway but if i can get some money off at the same time then it would be a bonus, so has anyone recentley got any discounts frm them?

We agree'd to extended our contract with them, as long as we upgraded our Broadband to the Superhub or whatever its called, and must say it really, really wasnt worth it!

Cant notice any considerable difference in speed, and drops connection more times than enough!

A few months ago i rang them to say i was thinking off leaving, after passing me onto another dept they offered me a free Tivo box to replace the hd one i had, plus an upgrade from 20mb to 30 mb + new hub for the same price i was paying.

Thats all i could get, not a sniff of any extra channels .... just had to agree to keep for another 12 months.

172 cup
Left virgin for bt infinity, virgin are utter sh**e constant dropping which was annoying on xbox live.

BT is alot better.

Skoda Fabia vRS
We agree'd to extended our contract with them, as long as we upgraded our Broadband to the Superhub or whatever its called, and must say it really, really wasnt worth it!

Cant notice any considerable difference in speed, and drops connection more times than enough!

Use the super hub in modem only mode and use a different WiFi router, the super hub is absolutely shite for WiFi

M135i
Call the customer services. On the menu select moving house > thinking of leaving us. That'll put you through to retentions who can offer better packages than 'normal' customer services.

focus st3
Same script,left virgin because of the crappy upload rate and dropping on xbox live for BT.Not had a problem since and the wireless now works.

172 cup
^^ Defo for the better. When playing battlefield i'd be on a game with max tickets and just as it was nearing the end it would boot me out. :banghead: i phoned them up and got told they dont support xbox live... WTF

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've been with Virgin Media ( NTL as it was back ) for about 10 years and never had a problem . I can honestly say in all that time i've only ever had about 5 days were i didn't have any kind of service due to technical issues . These problems people report must be area related as i know quite a few people who are on VM and they say the same as me .

Just done a speedtest at the same time as downloading a film and this is result . Maybe i'm just one of the lucky few ?
2509329007.png

BMW M135i
No, my experience has been exactly the same been with them well over 10 years and never had an issue. Also on 120mb and its fantastic.

I dont have an issue with the service they provide me either and unless i can find a great deal i am happy to stay, but if i can get more for my money, or get the same for less money by pretending to leave each year then it has to be worth it

Skoda Fabia vRS
ring up, choose the option of 'thinking of leaving', basically just explain that your a long time customer, seeing all these better deals being offered to new customers and ask what they can do for you, they will sort you out a better deal than your on presently for certain if you have been with them ages

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/...&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable

virgin's fair use policy, lot's of customers are unaware of it when I talk to them. BT's new unlimited packages are completley de-restricted, no p2p slowing, no fair use policy.

My 6mbps BT connection is far more reliable for downloading than my dad's 100mbps virgin connection.

I know VM have a fair useage policy , but in all honesty i've never been capped and i download hell of alot of films ;) . I can download a film in roughly 7 mins ( obviously dependant on seeds etc .... ) so that'll ding dang do for me :D

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone is planning on getting virgin media send me a PM I can get you mates rates.

You have to be a new customer or adding a service.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Heard rumours that their routers aren't OS X (Mac) friendly...??

Moving into new home next week and don't want to sign up to a contract I can't use !

Any thoughts...?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I will have to remember this thread when I move into my new house in September.

That discount sounds pretty awesome.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
If any of you want it you need to pm me your full name, address and a phone number that they can contact you on.

Think it's 40-50% discount

Well, that is annoying.

Just signed up as a new customer.

Clio
Just saw this thread, rang Virgin and have got my package from £63 a month down to £49 and a one off good will payment of £64. All for a 15 minute call.

Gutted I missed this thread when I signed up!

I'm not happy with the Superhub signal (and I've read that others arent either) so have bought a seperate router to use with it instead.

Rav4
Prong, what is your connection to Virgin?

I might be getting a new house and trying to decide on BT/Plus Net/Virgin on Fibre.

If your discount does work, then I could be tempted for the 100MB connection. Minus the telephone line.

Thanks very much,

G.