ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

virus on laptop help

none :(
i have a virus on my laptop it wont let me access the net or anything and im finding hard to copying my pics to cd

just wonderred if i rebooted the system to factorey set up, would this remove the virus.

would i need to install my internet again, i do have o2 broadband but for some reson it wouldnt let me upload the virus protection when i installed the internet

Factory reinstall will get rid and take you back to factory settings, you will lose everything on it tho, so get backing up

i aint bothered abbouty losing my pics as they are on disc and my camera anyway, plus i can just reinstall the pictures again

just wondered if i cleared the system, would this remove the virus

Clio Dynamique
If you factory reset you should just be able to connect to the internet once you re-connect to your o2 router either via a network cable or wireless in which case you may need your wireless key.

If you do factory restore your laptop first thing you should do is install something like avg free antivirus (you may need to uninstall any old antivirus software bundled with the laptop) then run windows update.

i run avg and it linked to this site antivirus 2009 or something like that, i think thats what buggered my comp up.

i have mcafee on the o2 disc so i will just run that, last time it would let me install it though, so hopefully ill have a fresh clean lap top

now ive copied my pics to disc can i put the pics back on the comp via the disc instead of the camera

as you can tell im not tech minded lol