ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vision - the reviews thread

This thread is here for our members of the product test panel to submit reviews, pictures and discuss our Vision glass polish.

An overview:

Vision is an advanced solvent-based polish designed to remove stubborn stains and intensively clean glass. Vision removes all traces of oils and even stubborn films and bonded contaminates. It’s completely safe to use on tints and chromes too.

Putting it into action:

First ensure the glass is completely dry before application.

Start by adding a 10p sized amount of Vision onto a microfibre applicator or similar… Here we are using our Handi Puck and MF spot pad combo.

1.jpg

Next, work the Vision into the surface being treated in linear motions using a firm pressure. Try to avoid getting the product on any rubber trim and using in direct sunlight.

2.jpg

Once the polish has become clear and free from residue, it’s now time to grab a microfiber towel and buff off to a clear streak-free finish. Our edgeless microfiber towel is perfect for this job as it has a short, tight microfiber pile, making removal a breeze.

3.jpg

4.jpg

More info on how to use it and reviews can be found here on our website… http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/vision-500ml

We look forward to hearing and seeing what you guys think of this new product!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've never really found the need for a glass polish on the car, but round the house and more so the shower screen it's a must for removing hard water marks.

Used it today. initially tried it with the microfibre spot pad on a hand puck but didn't bite all that well. Changed over to the yellow scrubbing pad and it worked a dream. I also use the same green edgeless MF cloth for glass, works really well for both glass polish and cleaners.

tried it with a rotary but found it much better with hand application.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Completely forgot to post this in here

After washing the car and wiping down the glass with IPA, I applied vision via a foam applicator pad.

I'm not normally one for glass polishes but I found this easy to use, didn't require much working and it buffed itself off by varying pressure with the foam applicator.

It removed all the little marks on the glass and left a decent, smooth finish without smearing on hazing.

image.jpg106_zpsatldp3c1.jpg

image.jpg107_zps1hkeql4s.jpg

image.jpg108_zpslsc9kyyw.jpg

image.jpg109_zpsw8crtv5x.jpg

image.jpg110_zpssqb5hsws.jpg

All in its an easy to use product which gives a decent finish. I've not really used a. Glass polish since the auto Glym offering but my only memory of that is it was smelly and awkward to use. Can't for the life of me remember why, but vision gets a thumbs up as it didn't make me want to shelve it and forget about it :smiley:

More here

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/naughty-blue-1-2-enhancement.773165/

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Whoops I forgot too! Here we go :smile:

7A8621E1-C23D-4CC3-8112-E9E2130B5ECA_zpsy1plgqhe.jpg

Here's what we started with!

E966E0C0-9D80-4FF8-B858-E2EEBCAEFE6F_zpsql5fxqiy.jpg

C6D95895-274E-46E5-87D5-3153C64B1669_zps5w0xnjxy.jpg

CED4FF6C-1595-4A7E-A94A-CE4FFD21BEF4_zpsn1cqlfio.jpg

So at first, to be honest, I wasn't that impressed initially. I found the product quite hard to get out the bottle and working properly with a microfibre or applicator pad... this did get easier after some usage though. I found it quite hard to get buffed up and therefore there is no 'during' photos, however because of this it was extremely easy to work with and get off the windows. However I must admit, looking back at the photos I took afterwards, the shine from Vision is actually insane! Check this one out :cool:

AD1880DA-5C91-4AEA-887C-1CD6D317AAA8_zpsdqailbai.jpg

That maybe a normal sight for people well into their detailing but I'm still a n00b at this and to me that just looks amazing, don't think I've ever seen it so shiny! Anyway, here's a few more after photos...

FE96CE35-C3C7-47B1-B309-65731A8669E3_zpsdher987v.jpg

B5ABB719-2E35-400A-8466-CE79D8B0C612_zpsjkitymbm.jpg

9296EDE7-BFBD-41A0-AEC7-FC5D48D7DE59_zpszmkcsjja.jpg

I'll definitely be recommending this product as a kind of in between a stronger polish and simple glass cleaner. Thanks @Auto Finesse :smiley:

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
LIke a few above, a glass polish is not something I often use, its been many a year since i last used AG glass polish and recall it leaving lots of white residue, stains the rubbers and generally dusty, so it was a plesant that 'vision' is far and away a different league from my memories to previous polishes.

As often the case, a little will go a long way, i found it applied easily, polished well and wiped clean with minimal effort. #

DSC_1346.jpg

Rear window,

DSC_1345.jpg

couldnt get any during pictures really, my photographic skills are limited

DSC_1347.jpg

you can deffinately see teh difference and having driven the car briefly this morning, the rear view is crystal clear.

thinking i could do with more of a test, i turned to the glass panel in the back door, a much more stubborn test, i didnt clean the window at all before hand and went straight into the vision.

DSC_1348.jpg

DSC_1349.jpg

a bit of a during
DSC_1350.jpg

DSC_1352.jpg

vision is a good product, if a glass polish is something you use, i didnt use this on the windscreen as i have a rain repellant on this, however the rear window is nice and clear and clean. the results on the house door without any prior cleaning, show that its got a nice bit fo cut to it and water marks, smeery finger marks and general weathering are all easily tackled.

If i was given it again, i would gladly and happily use it and be very happy with the results, however its not a product il be rushing to buy quite yet, il spend my money on the wheel soap and glisten from previous months first.

thanks again to @Auto Finesse for another great product to test

oh excuse the state of the garden, im renovating the house and just starting on clearing the garden out.

AG 200 CUP
Sorry I know this is probably late I seem to have misplaced the letter my bad

Anyway on to the actual test. I have never used a glass polish before so this was new to me. I'm used to just using cleaners likes crystal. I found this so easy so use spreads nicely comes off just as easy as well. I did find it to be just a tad dusty but I guess with any sort of polish your going to maybe get a little. Didn't get any before or during but the after shots show how good it is. I think I'll be adding this in with my next order for sure. Thanks @Autofinesse for the chance to try yet another awesome product!

FA2BFE36-E591-4FA1-9076-3988BD668D00_zpssshdoewq.jpg

2F3ED4CA-E1A8-4EC4-9C72-9F85FFCE3689_zpszfjhf69k.jpg

F71511D2-F9B4-40F2-9BC3-FA7350D32812_zpsi6ijmn0e.jpg

Late as usual....

As many of the other guys, I don't tend to use a glass polish; if I dry the car in time I can avoid most marks on the glass. Either way I was the car the other weekend and gave it a go. It was hard trying to get photos of glass with a mobile phone.

This was taken prior to cleaning and polishing
17162266493_c40d9f8dee_z.jpg
Vision
by Simon Blades, on Flickr

Just after applying some polish
17756347976_9903590ecb_z.jpg
Vision

Showing the polish breaking down
17596376449_c029a455cd_z.jpg
Vision